Would you care if your girlfriend didn't have social media?

Would it be too weird to deal with? Would you simply not care? Would you actually prefer it?

The only reason I ask is because I don't have it and everyone at my school seems to think its so bizarre, and all the guys are obsessed with the girls on instagram who post revealing selfies lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• I find that very attractive. Don't listen to them.

• I'm glad you do, I hope the people around me begin to see it that way.

What Guys Said 12

• Well, I don't use any form of social media, either, so I would consider it a bonus.

There's nothing more irritating that going out to dinner with someone who can't go five minutes without updating their status. You do not have to post pictures of your Chicken Alfredo before eating it.

• Exactly! Ugh, I guess I have to find someone mature or older then who thinks like this. Because as of right now, teenage guys' world exists in social media and any girl who isn't on it isn't alive, in their eyes. Stupid but it's true.

• It gets a little better once you get older, but you'll still find plenty of people who can't live until their "I'm doing laundry" status has been liked.

I have to say, though, that it is refreshing to know that I'm not the only person who is perfectly happy without social media.

• Hahaha I will never understand why people feel the need to make such statuses.
      Same goes with you, I rarely find people with a similar mindset to me regarding social media. It's nice :)

• I would prefer that she didn't have social media because I think it's a waste of time, but wouldn't care either way.

Twitter is good for following news/seeing trends, but I could care less about what celebrities do from hour to hour. I'll check it if there's an artistic release or clarification/problem (better to go to the source then read news about the source).

Facebook is vile, rarely do people post anything that's actually true and it inflates people's egos while de-valuing their self worth. And it's too easy to check a million times a day and keep wondering "Why did my girlfriend do that? Why wasn't I included?" blah blah blah.

• That's so great to here, I'm glad there are people with this mindset. I agree with you completely, Facebook is vile. Instagram would be great if people used it for artistic purposes and photography however it is flooded with…I don't even know, selfies and just rubbish.

• The kicker? Most of the creators of social media sites don't use them. Mark Zuckerberg is not known to use Facebook, Jack Dorsey is not mega-present on Twitter, etc. Because they've got stuff to do!

• Very true!

• I wouldn't care. I think most people don't give a shit?

• I'm glad you don't, but everyone at my school gives a shit hahah ugh teenagers. Can't wait until I'm not one

• DAMIT! i don't know which one! i can only guess... but i don't wanna call out your username on here hahaa. i can just guess and PM you but then that could lead to at least 50 awkward conversations lol.

• Hahahh yeah, don't worry though bc it seems you have guessed right!

• What guys are obsessed with girls on social media? I don't know any dude who has or is obsessed with girls instagrams. Social media is bleh, it becomes a life absorbing cloud for some girls which is a bad thing. I don't have a problem with someone not being involved with it. The only thing I actually look down on is self absorbed narcissists on there.

• Every guy in my school lol, I suppose teenage guys are like that though. It may sound like I'm exaggerating but I'm truly not, otherwise I would not have been asking this question. The guys I know in person think its very weird. I am waiting until I meet a guy in person who sees it as a good quality of mine, rather than being absurd.

• I'd prefer it if she didn't have it. I don't like it when people are absorbed by social media. It comes across as very self indulgent.

• That's great that you think this way too. It is very self indulgent and not benefitical either, in my opinion.

• Well I'd probably assume she's just lying and doesn't want me to see pics of her kissing her other boyfriend, as that's usually been the case with girls who don't have any social media. I really despise Facebook, MySpace was way better. I hardly add anyone on Facebook, use a fake name, and barely ever check it.

• Really? I would hate to think people assume I lie about not having Facebook. I don't think you'd think that if you met me though. I agree, MySpace was way better!

• I live in the South. All the women here are prostituting themselves for meth and pain pills by the ripe old age of 13.

• Sounds lovely and inviting.

• I would prefer she didn't. Too much drama. "Omg babe did you see what Becky posted about me on her status? Omg!!" I can't deal with that mess 24/7 lmao.

• Hahahah very true. Or maybe you didn't reply to her message but she saw you were active, that would create a whole other mess.

• Omg that would be awful.

• Very

• If she didn't have social media, then how could we make our relationship status official :(

• hope you're kidding bro

• My downvoter doesn't understand sarcasm lol.

• Hahah, too bad. They should learn to speak sarcasm fluently like me

• If anything id prefer if

• If anything id prefer it

• Yeah, I'd prefer my boyfriend to not have it either although that is extremely rare to find where I am from

• It seems like practically everyone has one

• I'd prefer it if she didn't.

I don't have social media.

• Seems like so many people on here don't have social media, but everyone I know in real life does! So frustrating

• I wouldn't care. It's one less platform to have to check for messages from her on.

• I would prefer it, actually. Too many girls live and die by what goes on on social media, and it is utterly pointless.

• Thank you, I hope others can see it that way

What Girls Said 2

• Id prefer a couple didn't have social media. It really causes a lot of unnecessary issues and its not that great for my brain, I'm sure.

• "Too weird to deal with?" C'mon, seriously?

• I know, sounds ridiculous but you wouldn't believe the amount of comments I get everyday about me not having it. I just want to scream tbh because it's so frustrating that its become so important in teenage life

• I don't have it either, and it have never been a problem. A lot of my friends are closing their accounts actually. I f they have a problem with me, not being a social media junkie, then it's their problem alone :)

• Omg I wish people at my school were like that. You are very lucky hahah! But yes that's true, my close friends do not mind which is the important thing