Being overweight & internet dating, what should I do?

Okay, i've been single for a while and now put up a dating profile. I was quite honest about the fact that I'm overweight and I put my almost real weight there (okay, 5lbs less) and chose "a few extra pounds" to describe my body type. I also have pictures that show my body. I'm about 5-6lbs skinnier in the pictures though because I didn't have any good ones of myself right now.

I have got lots of nice messages, but now I've been changing mails with this one special guy. He seems really nice and would like to meet me soon IRL! I'd like to meet him, too, but I'm afraid he's been mistaken by my profile or something? He's good looking and fit, so I'm not sure why he would be interested in me? He said I look good by my pictures but what if there is some mix up and he's gonna be disgusted by me if we meet?

I don't know what should I do? It feels stupid to point it out "Hey have you noticed I'm overweight btw?" :D He has visited my profile many times, every day...

Most Helpful Guy

• He knows you weight at least 183 pounds, so he knows you're not skinny.

Why don't you video chat before meeting in person? It'll make him see you "live" and it's also better to talk rather than write.

What Guys Said 8

• well how deceiving would you say those 5 lbs are?

• I'm not sure, but I put my weight as 183 pounds when it's actually 188...

• how can you make sure of that? :D

• How I Met Your Mother rule, no sex until the 18th date. hahaa okies you don't have to wait until date number 18 but you get the gyst. make him prove himself to you if he really likes you, don't make anything easy for him. think of yourself first.

• You've given him a pretty reasonable idea of your size. Relax.

• If they don't make your weight an issue with you, don't make your weight an issue for them.

• weight isn't a big problem as height actually.

• what do you mean?

• that it's better to hide it if you're short, than being heavy LOL

• Start detoxing 3 days before you meet. That is at least 10 lbs in water gone and if you exercise well during that time that is 2 lbs lost totally at 12 lbs lost. you will look your best and can continue working on it to get more fit. He knows your size relax, if you are only 188 that isn't bad.

• okay that detox is not a bad idea :) thankss

• We just had one guy earlier in the day stating that he is exchanging messages and internet dating some girl who is kinda fat and lied about her weight. He sounded pretty depressed though. I'm just wondering if that girl was you.

• Hit the gym and you'll never again have this worry again :-)

every session is another guy your way!

• Do more offline dating and eating. 2 problems solved!

What Girls Said 7

• well, think about it.. if you partially lied about your stuff even by a little bit, what makes you think that all others are completely honest? He's probably not as good as it looks either.. and that aside, before meeting any strangers from the net, irrelevant to how long you've known them, you must first have a video chat, in my opinion, just to have a more realistic idea of what the person is like and avoid a huge disappointment or even a scare. Be smart! Don't meet people who refuse to show themselves at least once through cam. Should be skeptical about people who always have excuses for not being able to do it. Too many psychos and liars here.

• He looked at your pictures, he likes what he sees.

Don't question it, and enjoy your date.

• okay, i'll try to :) thank you!

• I don't think that there is much of a difference between 188 and 183. I think if the guy likes you fro who you are, he won't be scared off by a few extra pounds :)

• 5-6 pounds won't make a bit of difference. call us back when you gain at least 20

• 5 pounds isn't really much of a difference, lol.
    I think you're fine :)

• If you have pictures and you included your actual weight or close enough, I think he know already. He may be just into curvy girls. I don't think it's necessary to point out, I'm sure he likes you for you :)

• alright, thanks :) he seems really nice and says he likes my personality & i look really pretty, i mean obviously you never know how the chemistry is IRL but it sounds promising. i'm just worried...

• Don't worry about it, he's seen your picture and read your stats. Go for it :)