Girls, would you date a guy who is poor and ugly?

would you date a guy like me who is poor and ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

• Any guy I have been interested in, I always got to know them first. It had absolutely nothing to do with their looks. In fact, there has only ever been one guy I've liked that had a great a personality as well as being handsome. I knew him for two years before I actually started to like him I am shy, so generally it takes me a while to be able to get to know people. Once I do, I open up to them. Many of these guys were always friends of mine as we got to know each other. I've never ever gone for a guy for looks alone. If I connect well with a guy I will end up liking him. The problem is most guys don't like me back. I am an ugly woman, so I can't be picky about looks anyway. None of the men I ended up being interested in were ever interested back. They always said I was a good friend, but they weren't attracted to me. As for money? I make good enough money for myself. I don't care what guys make. I never have, even when I didn't have much money. It's something my mother taught my sister and I. She was a single mother and she raised us to not care about money.

Honestly, it all depends on how we connect and if we have mutual attraction. On my part, I usually am attracted to the guy, but the guy is never attracted to me.

What Girls Said 17

• 1. Define ugly.

What you perceive as ugly is most likely viewed as average by most people. Are you obese, have poor hygiene, don't take care of your health? If so, then you're not gonna get a date. Why should someone decent looking have to tolerate your laziness? If they look after themselves, why shouldn't you?

2. Define poor.

You have money to pay for broadband, so it's not like you're starving to death. Being poor can be fixed is you get a job and work your way up the ladder. Get an education and aim for higher paying jobs.

If you have no aspirations in your life and all you do is mope and feel sorry for yourself, NOBODY will want to be with you.

No one likes a downer.

• No. And the "omgosh ur so shallow fuk you" police are gonna come for me.

Attraction is important. If you are ugly to me, I can't bring myself to date you. However some okay looking dudes have had really amazing personalities which made me attracted to them, so it can happen, but its not always the case.
    -as for being poor, I plan on studying neurology and getting my PhD one day... why would I want a guy with no aspirations?

• Everyone is ugly to someone and you're probably over exaggerating anyways lol

If the guy is "poor" by choice and has no desire to work at all and is just lazy then no I would not want to date someone like that. If he were making every bit of effort to to get his life together and he treated me nicely then sure wjhy not? I could help him and motivate him.

• 'over exaggerating' redundant much?

• Yes. My exact words, "your'e probably over exaggerating anyways." In response to you calling yourself ugly and poor. I don't think that comment was unecessary but whatever. You can call yourself ugly if you want I was just trying to help lol

• First beauty is in the eye of the beholder (for 90% of people). I've been know to like the guys none of my other friends like. Also he couldn't just be a bum he would have to really care for me and vice versa.

• He at least better have some ambitions and dreams and goals and better get started on it. I can't be with someone who only is okay with being a loser. Sorry. It is not attractive to have to take care constantly of a man. Even if he was ugly he better show his beautiful insides. And considering i am 29 I am looking for something serious. If I get pregnant you expect me financially to bring it up alone... no thank you! I would be seeing you in court and then jail since your poor and don't want to make something of yourself. I need a man who is stable, and gives me a sense of security. Maybe if you were 15 but even then you have to bring something to the table.

• Depends. The looks don't matter to me so much, it's the money that could be an issue. If we were to get married and I had to support the family because he was so poor that he couldn't help then that could be a problem. I would at least like to be able to split prices for things. I'm not trying to sound shallow, I just don't want to support a whole family while a guy is making no attempt to be less poor.

• She wouldn't date you, because you have low self esteem. If you can't demonstrate a sense of security within your own skin, then no girl will feel secure with you. Girls find guys who are sensitive to be attractive to an extent, but you're taking it to the next level. I'm sure if you exhibit a more confident approach girls will swoon for you no matter what you look like or think you look like.

• Poor yea, because we can fix him up and get him a job. I'm not so sure about ugly. Maybe if a potential makeover can help him out. But I'd still at least befriend him and help him out

• No I wouldn't date a guy that has those traits

• Poor? Yes.
    Ugly? No.

• no im sorry

• Yes, looks mean nothing, all personality💕

• I dont think so.

• Poor maybe, Ugly hell no.

• No my standards are higher then that

• If we had a lot in common, and shared the same beliefs, ya.

• if he was ugly, no. i need attraction in a relationship. I don't know about completely poor.. id like for a man to be able to take care of himself at least.. and if i needed help to support me as well. of course its not neccesary and i wouldn't expect it though. but i would expect him to at least have an income.

• wow its nice to see the people on here aren't shallow

• can't you tell?

• just because i need to be attracted to the person i'd like to be in a relationship, doesn't make me shallow. sorry dude. im not saying they need to be drop dead sexy and a super model, but i need to be attracted somewhat. i don't have high standards. and to expect a man to take care of himself and support himself. is that honestly too much to ask? thats just a given, that an adult should take care of themselves. and im not gonna lie. if you look disgusting, messy, greasy, and non hygienic, then no, i'm not gonna want to get to know you. first impressions mean a lot. sorry that you don't understand that. but in no way am i "shallow" just because i don't meet your standards.

What Guys Said 2

• If you're only ugly physically and it's not your personality thats ugly I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Personality and confidence, I envy those goes who can make themselves appealing to a girl, because really girls aren't picky, they'll give most guys a chance