He changed my order on the first date. Was he really concerned about my weight or should I take this as a red flag?

Get this. I was meeting this guy for the first time and we decided to get dinner. I prefer maybe coffee or appetizers but dinner works. I am always down for free food.

We arrive and the waitress takes our order. I ordered a burger and fries and he ordered the same. I said "I'll be right back. I have to use the restroom." I came back and he still had the burgers and fries but I ended up getting the grilled chicken salad. I told him that I didn't order this, they must've messed up our order. He said that he was just concerned about my weight and I didn't need all that fat and salt.

If you want to know. I am 5'9" and I am 150lbs. My weight isn't that bad. Was he concerned about my weight or was this a red flag?

I decided to talk to him about what just happened. He said that he just wanted to sleep with me anyways. I am so confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• Please tell me this is a post that is just to troll. No guy that does that is worth a moment of thought, that is a 100% instant dealbreaker, and you should have just walked out right then and there. That is incredibly rude, implies he isn't happy with your appearance, implies that what is good for him is not good for you, and is dominating power trip. There are not enough adjectives to describe how bad this behaviour is. It is a red flag, with a charging bull.

What Guys Said 14

• I tell you now if a date had done that to me I would have swapped our meals, ate the meal I actually wanted then instantly walked out to never talk to them again, only reason I'd stay to eat would be to stop them getting it. The only time you change someone's food order is when you have known them a long time and are adding something to it they love.

It is not his place to worry about your health, even if had actually started a relationship he would be crossing the line by going behind your back like that. It is offensive and inappropriate behaviour. If you were long term partners and a doctor had told you to change your diet then maybe you could see some good behind that sort of behaviour but any other situation is just bad.

• Leave him and don't look back. You deserve much better than that. It's a huge red flag!

• He is controlling. Any woman that will permit this will let him dictate her life, and that is what he really wants. Your weight is irrelevant, and honestly he would prefer if you were imperfect.

• True. I guess I am a little hurt. I didn't expect anything like this to happen.

• Just... weird. I've always been told never to mess with girls and their food.

Why wouldn't he just let you order what you want?

May be a thorn in the side of a new relationship...

• He's a tool. Walk away and don't look back.

• Yo whatever his intent that guy is a douche.

• He almost made me cry because I was angry and embarrassed. I was just hoping that maybe he was concerned about me and not that bad. The more and more I realise what he'd done, the more I don't want to see him again.

• Just leave him

• Wow, I know a few girls who would have made him eat his meal plate first do that, with a side of fist

• I found that kinda funny lol, but yea he has a point that burgers and fries are fattening. While not appropriate to change your order without your permission, guys just do dumb shit sometimes ( I know do)
    don't take it personally and go with what you feel.

• That is pretty rude to do.. and I will say that it is a red flag, but to be fair. It was his money. If you paid for your meal then that's really fucked up, but if he's the one paying... he should have the right to spend that money on whatever he wants. He wanted you to have a grilled chicken salad. It's his money... he has the right to do that. Nonetheless, still pretty damn rude and if I were you I would never see this guy again.

• "He said that he just wanted to sleep with me anyways." - So, what you're saying is that he's a scumbag that has horrible game.

I would definitely cut all contact from this guy.

• omg... thats like not a cool dude...

• next what? he is gonna take your purse and start saving your money

• You are a little overweight, he did the right thing

What Girls Said 5

• Don't date him. If he did this on a first date - he is testing you - to see whether he has a found a submissive girl or not.

• I ate it because I didn't want to embarrass him the way he embarrassed me. I don't know why. I was just hoping.

• scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...3913472691893_n.jpg

oh wow.. lol.

so first of all this guy takes you to mcdonals or wherever and then expects you to eat a salad? what the fuck is his problem. dont even have words for this dickhead. just forget about him. unbelievable

• This guy is an asshole, that's just plain rude and even if I was a size 4 I'd still be very offended that he thought he knew best for me and was so bold and presumptuous as to re-order my food and then have the hypocrisy to sit there and eat the shit he wouldn't 'allow' me to have. I would have actually walked out on him and left him to eat alone. Na ah, no way would I put up with that shit.

• Umm I'd steer clear of him forever- he's a dick. Plain and simple

• Wow, that is horrible, don't go out with him again.