Do girls ever say yes just to spare a guy's feelings?

I'm a freshman in college, and I asked this girl out to a lunch date today. She hesitated for split second and said "ummm... sure." When I asked her if she's free this week, she said she's very busy this week with tests and papers and she said to just text her about when I want to go (I already had her number because we were partners for a recent project). The problem is, I'm wondering if this "yes" is legitimate or if it was just to be nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• unless it was enthusiastic then its probably just to be nice. I hate having to tell a guy no, especially when he keeps at it after multiple excuses. But yes, usually I'll just say I'm busy. over and over and over...

What Girls Said 1

• girls don't like hurting peoples feelings so they do things just to be nice.
    Its easy for us to say we are constantly busy with classes, work, etc

What Guys Said 1

• Sometimes women will say yes just to be nice and that is what it sounds like happened to you but now you have the chance to make her have the best date of her life. Go prove that it was a good choice to say yes to you:)