What would you do if you broke up with someone and they texted you every now and then?

Here is my dilemma. My boyfriend broke up with me two days before Valentines. He cried, I cried and since then he has texted me a few times or I have texted him. Now it has been a little over 2 weeks since our last texts to each other. I would like to say hi but would like him to to be the first to contact me. Guys. Would you want your ex to contact you if you were still in love with her but broke up with her?

I am so confused because he cried when I went to his house about a month ago to pick up some stuff and asked if he could still text me. He texted the next day and now I haven't heard anything for 2 weeks. I just don't get it. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have to say that it depends on why you broke up and what his reasons were. It does sound like he was pretty upset about the whole thing though. I have to assume that he is thinking the same thing you are, he wants to know why you haven't contacted him via text, phone call, email, etc. He is most likely waiting you out. He wants you to contact him first to make sure that you are still thinking about him and care about him. I will say this though. The second he sees your name pop up on his phone he will get butterflies in his stomach like you wouldn't believe. Now like I said, I'm not sure what exactly happened or if you guys are trying to reconcile at all, but either way, I bet if you text him, he will resume the contact with you. If you try and explain a bit more of the situation, and I could probably give you a clearer answer on what he is thinking.

• He broke it off with me because he said he wasn't willing to give more time to the relationship. Hence.. he wanted more time with the friends. Part of me thinks he got scared because it was getting pretty serious. When he did call it quits he wouldn't leave my house, he just sat there and wanted to cuddle. I tried to fix things but he just wanted to be done. I went to his house 3 days later and that is when he cried again when he saw me. Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!

• It sounds like he may have some serious commitment problems and wants to be alone, but the thought of loosing you forever scares him to death. I know it sounds stupid, but half his mind tells him to be with you, which is why he cries and acts all sensitive when he is around, and the other half says, "i bet there is something better out there. " And he is going to battle those thoughts for the rest of his life, no matter who he is with. I say try to move on, this will be a constant problem forever.

• Thanks for all of your advice. I think your probably right. It's so hard to move on when you love someone. Thanks for telling me the truth though.

What Guys Said 2

• I really hate to say this but it sounds like it might have been a cheap cop out to skip on Valentines day. If he isn't contacting you anymore and the texts you received aren't sincere for in interest of something more then (possibly) sexual, he's not worth the time.

Guessing by your age, its probably in your better interest to look for Mr. Right. Don't let this guy toy with you, move on with your life.

Good luck to you.

• I would say you need to move on, this relationship sounds dead to me.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he might still like you. If he is not interested in getting back together, I think he should not be texting you. It's only giving you the wrong impression that he might still be interested. I would tell him not to contact you anymore. You should move on, there are plenty of fish in the sea!

• Not to be too blunt, but he is an asshole and you should break all contact with him. He broke up with you two days before Valentine's day. That's so inconsiderate. He probably wants to lift his guilt a little or wants to keep a window open for him to crawl back to you so he texts you. There are so many guys out there that would be dying to treat you better then him. Move on to some better fish because they are waiting and ditch your jerk off ex.