What do you do when you can't be friends with someone who is friends with guy you are trying to be with, and it seems to be hurting him?

I asked this question before, but got no answers, so I'll ask again. What should I do? This guy I'm interested in, and who is interested in me, has this friend who doesn't want to be my friend. He hates be, to be frank. It seems that my talking about the friend is making the guy I'm i'm interested in hurt. I'm not saying anything mean, just that I'm sad his friend and I can't be friends. What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• Don't break up your bf's friendships with other guys. He's a big boy and can decide for himself.

What Girls Said 1

• There's nothing you can do, really.
    You don't have to be friends with all of his friends, it's not ideal that one of his friends hate you, but it happens and really isn't THAT big of a deal since you'll be dating him, not his friend.
    Just be nice and friendly when you're forced to deal with him friend, nothing more.
    And if talking about that friend with your guy makes him uncomfortable, don't talk about it anymore.
    He's probably a lot more uncomfortable about the situation that you'll ever be... because he cares about you both and is stuck in the middle.