Do girls always have the baby when they get pregnant?

I always hear about girls getting prego when that's the absolute last thing they need. They usually are still in school and aren't even close to getting their career together or they just now got a good job and somehow think that they won't be fired once they need time off to have the baby and care for it. Do girls ever use plan b or get an abortion?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Some choose adoption and others choose abortion. Another factor can be miscarriage. A lot of girls, especially in college, choose to use plan b instead of waiting so long to get to the point when they get an abortion. It is common and they can feel desperate or trapped between morals and their futures a head of them.

Plan B tends to not be as emotionally stressful as an abortion. Like you said, many girls aren't in the position for raising a child career wise, but also consider that they also could not have the money to raise a child. Adoption also runs the risk of the child being sent into a broken foster home. I'm not arguing for or against abortion, but these are factors that have to be considered.

Whatever choice a girl should make, she needs to be respected because it is her decision, even if she is not in the position to raise the child alone. This is a very complicated issue and varies from person to person. It's also very personal.

What Girls Said 3

• Some girls do. Some other girls give their babies up for adoption. But the majority keep their babies.

• If I ever got pregnant I'd keep the baby.

I don't believe in abortion or adoption.

• In many cases, yes.

What Guys Said 0