Scared to date out of my league? help!!?

ok so there's this guy at my university and he's super gorgeous. Brown hair, really tan and olive skin tone and the best smile I've ever seen. He always opens doors for me,(he lives in the dorm across the street) and I know his name but he never remembers mine when I ask if he remembers me. he's polite and smiles about it but: A. I'm afraid to approach him because I don't know if race is a factor?(he's northern so I wasn't sure) and
B. How do I go about approaching him?

Would it be weird if I asked him to hang out next time i see him?

Most Helpful Guy

• U look nice , just dont put pressure on yourself or a lot of expectation , whay you think because you are black he wouldn't be intersted stop thinking that way , be his freind joke about he doesn't remember ur name dont take it seriously and just smile and say hi then get more close.

• okay, i feel really good about it but i'm worried about the "steps" bc he even saw me coming to get ice one night (hair in a bun and no make up) and he was doing his laundry and he stopped to say hello

• Its a good sign say hello back, chat a little if you can , sometimes i want to chat with women but they look busy so maybe he is waiting for u to be available plus its a turn on when a woman take the first step it shows a lot if confidance and prove how much u want him

• okay. I just get so nervous around him!

What Guys Said 5

• He smiles at you and also opens doors for you. I don't think race even comes in that equation. Go for it girl, he might be your prince charming and if you don't want to be straight forward you can always try to hint him with a devilish wink. Yes, winks are an open door and any guy can understand that, if he doesn't then just do it again with a wicked smile hehehe.

• You'll never know if race is a factor if you don't approach him.

B: How to approach him? Just go up to him and say hello and start talking

• I tried to talk about football (we are a really big football school) and he kinda engaged but then trailed off and kinda stopped talking to me. (we were at a game)

• Well nothing says the conversation is going to continue for hours. :) Start small and work your way up.

• You need to try talk to him more, chat more, flirt, try get some laughs and find out small details each time you see him, hopefully leading up to a hang out sometime.

Don't be nervous- you're pretty. Any guy would be lucky to have a gf like you, him included.

• thank you. i just get so nervous and words kinda just run away from me

• Just go for it. Talk to him, find out a bit about him and tell him you'd like to hang out sometime.

• okay I'm just so nervous bc he's so cool and suave and I just... ugh he's so perfect

• Don't put him on a pedestal. Remember, he's had explosive diarrhea, picked his ass and then smelled his finger, picked his nose, farted so bad your eyes would water, and has pissed a girl off so much she got tired of his shit and left.

• ummm wow okay lol

• Has he shown signs/hints that he's into you?
    He could just be a nice person in general.

What Girls Said 2

• don't approach this guy. first it doesn't sound like he's feeling you. he's just polite. he never remembers your name? im assuming you've told it to him at least once so if he didn't make it a point to remember I don't think he likes you. besides if the guy was feeling you, you wouldn't have to approach, he'd speak to you when he gets a chance to.

• u are really pretty so dont be scared.. it isn't nice that he doesn't remember ur name, but he might just be really bad in remembering people their names. I myself always used to worry as well owh what if this guy isn't into black girls, now i just dont think that way anymore.. it might sound cheezy, but it really shouldn't matter, just be friendly but flirty as well so he knows ur interested, maybe ask about his studies, so it doesn't look creepy if u show interest and hopefully it will go from there:) If u found what he studies u can be like:... owh hey it sounds interesting could u tell me a bit more.. haha.. i suck at flirting.. so at the end just be urself and dont worry about race

• he just makes me so nervous!

• we've played together n iy was fun but you'd think he'd remember my name

• owh thats true..