Should I date this guy if he likes me and I don't really like him back?

A few guys asked me out in the past and I said no because I wasn't ready for a relationship at the time but this time I think I am ready for a boyfriend but I want to be with a guy that I am attracted to and wants to be with me. The problem is, he says he really likes me but I don't really like him back. He has a great personality but just not my type. He told me that he really cares about me and he really does. He flirts with a lot of girls the first day I met him and kissed me on the cheek. He told me that he likes me a lot and has been touchy with me too. He is a very sweet guy It has been twice that we met and he already tried to kiss me and we even held hands and told me he loved already and were not even exclusive! Should I date him or not bother if he's moving too fast? I really don't want to hurt his feelings or reject him because I rejected other guys in the past and they have been heartbroken. What should do?

Most Helpful Girl

• looks are not the most important thing in a partner but I understand that on first impression, physical appearance does input the majority of that impression. I have personally been pleasantly surprised when I dated men who I was not attractive too. As long as their personality is on point with mine and their heart is beautiful - you may find a man that, physically, may not be your type but will be the man you need based on a deeper level.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• He sounds kind of like a player the way you described what he's been doing. But anyways, what the other girls said, don't date someone you don't actually like because you will regret that decision later and feel guilty about ending the relationship so quickly. I've done this in the past myself.

• He is moving a bit too fast in my opinion. He seems a little desperate. I actually recently went through this with my last boyfriend. The relationship was fine, but to start with I wasn't really attracted to him like that. It lasted 5 months and I couldn't take being dishonest about my feelings. He was way to invested for me to be feeling nothing. You need to make sure you are attracted both physically and personality wise before you put a title on it :)

• If you don't want to be with him, don't force yourself! Also if he gets too touchy tell him to back off. Don't let him turn your no into a yes

• Thanks for your help!