Is this true about black and Asian women?

Hello I am not from America so I have rarely seen different race of women. I have met this black woman at my work place and I have heard lots of things like they only like me because of my white skin. Is this true? I have invited her to my flat but now I'm not so sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not sure if trolling... or?
    But that is NOT true.
    Yes, America and many 3rd world countries have made it seem like having white skin is a social status symbol but, it's not the case for everyone, and those who matter. I feel as if people who have told you that are only trying to discourage you from interracial dating. Just treat a black woman as you would any woman. We are not desperate for light skin babies with green eyes and curly hair. Most of us actually love a man for the content of his character- NOT his complexion.

What Girls Said 9

• no in general black women do not have fetishes for white skin. in a lot of places, its actually looked down upon to date a white person. the girls who do it get talked about and not in a good way. so if this girl is willing to date you she must like you

• As the daughter of an asian, i can tell you about how Asians see it. My mother said she lways wanted to marry an american, and while skin color may have had a little part in that, it was mostly simply because of the country americans come fro, which obviously is america.

But my mother is an exception, and out of all the other Asians who have married white men that i know, there are only two other exceptions. Most Asian women marry white men ( americans and germans especially) simply to get away from their own country, for a better life, and many times, for money.

You think a 30 year old woman marrying a 80 year old man who has already had four wives is unrealistic? 30%+ of philipina's who marry white men meet that discription.

• This is my concern. One coworker of mine told me this.

• Yeah. But there are exceptions. My mom, and three of her close friends are very loyal and loving towards their husbands. Maybe you shouldn't avoid this lady just because of this, but you should definitely keep it in the back of your mind when she is with you, and before getting into anything deep with her, you should make sure that her attraction towards you is more than skin deep.

• The self-hating, superficial ones, yes. Some women of those ethnicities see being with a white man as some sort of status symbol. Not so much black women, but Asian women more so. Vote down all you want: the truth is in the marriage stats.

• So it is a bad idea?

• No go for it, as I said only some women think in this way. You'll know when a women is only after your companionship for your skin the same way you know they're only after your money, looks etc. I guarantee the majority of women will not care about your skin colour :)

• I highly doubt that. Unless you are the only white person in her reach, your skin color probably isn't the reason why she's interested in you.

• as a black young female I can tell you that is most definitely not true sorry

• Ok because a few people have told me this. I have not been given much exposure to different races.

• my current bae is white and Im not with him because he's white that is just how it worked out if he was black or anything else it wouldn't matter. I personally base my attraction off personality and intelligence anyway tho.

• i dun know if that black lady was foolin you round or just generalizing her personal opinion.
    i am Asian! neither do i nor in general do Asians harbor any such reservations regarding white skin people amongst themselves.
    we live in 21st century and some myths sure needs to be broken!:/

• In Asian women, yes. I don't see that in black women ever.

• The black self hating sluts make the black women look bad. Smh I am black and my husband is black too

• No sorry unless her personilty says "slutty" then no

What Guys Said 4

• It's not true for all of them, but it's true for those who see white as an increase in social status.

• I am not rich however.

• Black women don't usually like white guys, so it's probably more of she thought your personality was nice or something.

• What does what you said have anything to do with black and Asian woman?

• Sure some do this but you wouldn't know if this particular woman is like that.