How to tell him what I want?

I want to tell the guy I'm seeing that I want an exclusive relationship with him. He seems to be interested in me too, but he seems to afraid of commitment and relationship. What do I say? How do I not freak him out and scare him away? I can hint it too but how?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you both are scared to lose each other by over stepping what is a very important question. Its right up there with "will you marry me, I love you and I'm afraid". Guys take months sometimes picking out a engagement ring, even more time thinking about it, where to ask, how to ask and the dreaded "what if she says no". Its perfectly natural to be nervous but its a question you need to ask but you can do it by not doing it. Let me explain:

You are with him and you could bring up a story of two people who are having a tough time in their relationship. "I feel sorry for Tom and Jen they don't know what they want" then you add in "I'm sure happy you are the only person I want to be with" You have asked the question with out really asking. If he agrees you have your answer. If he doesn't say anything... just wait he will. JUST REMEMBER the only reason you haven't had the talk is because your afraid of losing the other person. NOT because you don't want to be exclusive. Its a very good problem to have.

What Guys Said 2

• No, don't hint around about it because we're guys and may never get the hint. Be direct and tell him you want to be exclusive. If he backs away then he's not the guy for you.

• You tell him by telling him. Don't give him leeway to assume what he wants. He either wants to commit or he doesn't. If is tactically force him to your relationship won't work out

What Girls Said 1

• Thank you so much for asking this question. I too would like to know how to ask a guy without freaking him out. I fucked up the first time though with him because I was honest and direct and I had to apologize