Do guys not like girls who cuss? Is it a deal breaker when it comes to relationships/marriage?

Just wondering how guys feel about dating/ marrying a girl who has a potty mouth...

• Bad thing
  • Don't care

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, one of my major pet peeves is when those slutty whores cuss each other out like they're on a reality TV show. But I can cuss a lot when being humorous, and I'm never mad, but I'm sure I wouldn't mind a girl who isn't afraid to cuss when its effective (most people don't know that the word 'dick' means 'jerk', etc)

• I think we all know the calling someone a dick is the same as calling them a jerk

• Well lots of people don't know when to call someone a cunt (jerk/ignorant person) or bastard (jerk/traitor/unfortunate person). But most of all, people think that 'bitch' applies to anything but for men it means 'wimp/whiner' and for women it means 'jerk/rude person'.

• I don't like when girls cuss much probably due to association of cussing with annoying whores. Most other girls seem to hold back on it.

What Guys Said 6

• Used to know a girl who cursed like a goddamn sailor and it was a HUGE turn off.

But seriously, this girl had a "shit" or "fuck" in every sentence. Just made me believe that she could never be girly girly or romantic because I never heard her not talk like a guy.

Just sayin'... moderation.

• It all depends on the guy, but I think we are typically fine with it. As long as it's not every other word or you sound like a 12 year old when you say them. The girl I'm with curses and it's fine, but I also know this girl who cannot pronounce any bad word without sounding like a drunk three year old. Say them the right way, and at the right moments, and you should be fine.

• agreed it's like they are trying to sound cool by saying bad words sometimes

• I don't mind if she cusses. What annoys me is girls who have to cuss every other word in every sentence.

• I don't give a fuck if she cusses or not.

As long as she doesn't use the C word, I don't really like that one.

• I don't know why. But hearing a woman say "fuck" is a huge turn on.

• Depends on the time and place

What Girls Said 3

• As long as you're not swearing just to look all hard, and it's not out of place or unnaturally excessive then don't change yourself to impress a dude. If you're not changing for yourself, then you shouldn't change for anyone. There are other guys who's morals and judgement will work better with your own.

• I thought the whole idea that cussing was "masculine" was outdated... I cuss when I'm kidding and when I'm really pissed. I don't go around cussing at random people or my elders or anything, but I don't think I should be banned from using certain words because I have a vagina.

Shit fuck damn fuckity fuck fuck

• yeah, they don't like it. its a pretty masculine to cuss.

• i actually like it, it shows me your not a goody tissues so long as you don't do it too much like every sentence and it doesn't sound like you are trying to be cool by saying bad words. From what i see the other man seem to agree with me on the poll.

• "Goody tissues"

• @rhthomas43 i don't use the expression a lot so i don't know how it is spelled would you mind telling me how it's spelled?