Do you believe that opposites attract?

Personally, I don't believe it. Wouldn't people with similar interest last attract each other? I heard somewhere that opposites last longer, which could apply to some people.

I'm currently seeing this girl, and we are insanely similar, down to our interests/humor/thoughts we're definitely not opposites.

So what's your stance on this whole opposites attract thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course, I believe that opposites do attract!

Being with someone who is just like me, would be boring and sooner or later, I'll be looking for someone else, not because I'm incapable of getting attached to someone, but because I'll rather have someone who can challenge me to do better or worst (depends how you see it). Also people who have different views, likes and dislikes can teach a thing or two.

Either way, is how you see it, and if that works for you and you are happy then live it!

• I can actually agree with this. I guess for some people dating the person with the same interests and everything COULD get boing, but not for me :)

What Girls Said 5

• It seems the majority of people say opposites attract. However I'm like you, every person I've liked or been in a relationship with we have been insanely similar with our interests and humour etc.

• Yeah, honestly I prefer it

• yes they attract... but i dont think they can really work out in the long term just because they are TOO different

• I agree with you to an extent

• Sometimes opposites can like my mom and my stepdad are very different people but they are happy and work well together. Personally though, I am more more attracted to people I am similar to. There's just usually more chemistry and its easier to get on with them. I think it's so cute when we have the same thoughts :3

• Yeah, the fact that we just click and have so much chemistry makes me fall in love with her even more haha. So I guess it's 50-50

• Well, I do see bad boys with good girls and bitches with good guys but that's not all relationships I see.

• Opposites definitely do attract imo. Keeps things spicy.

What Guys Said 1

• Generally, you are going to end up with someone who shares similar interest. You have to have something to talk about, and often times, you will do activities that you both enjoy. Opposites can definitely attract, but it would take more work to stay together. Yet, those relationships tend to be more "exciting" and less predictable.

• Makes sense, I didn't even think about that and it's so obvious to me now.