Are mums always right?

I have just started going out with this guy. but the other day mum was talking to me about sex and shit and then she said don't get serious, she wants me to go to college without a boyfriend and doesn't want him to get in the way of work and school.

• Mum is wrong
  • Mum is right

Most Helpful Guy

• Your mum is both right and wrong. She's right about you going to college without a boyfriend but she's wrong about not having one now. You should have a boyfriend to get used to the things that come with a relationship while you study hard to get into a good college. The extra pressure will prepare you for the pressure of college. Dump him right before you go off to college, then when you're in college and you've settled in and are doing well you can get a nice college boy boyfriend who has a bright future ahead of him.

You'll know what not and what to do from your practice relationship and you can start your beautiful lives together.

What Guys Said 3

• Parents will always advise kids its what we do lol but he could be the one! If he treats u well if he's sensitive to your feelings and doesn't just want sex etc then give it a go. Talk to him about what she said and if he loves u he will understand and give u space when u need it for college work etc. If he is pushy and doesn't give u space then he's not worth it anyway x

• You definitely found it wrong within short term, But over the years sadly to say Mum is always right. i'm referring to a good mum just like yours.

• I don't think she's right or wrong, she's just trying to do what parents do: protect you from whatever she thinks might harm you.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe she's right, but if you don't give him a shot you'll regret later. You can never now how will come out :)

• thank you for the advice i really appreciate it :)

• Sometimes but definitely not always right

• In this instance, she's right.

• but like "don't get serious" whats the point of being in a relationship if your not serious, it would just be like friends with benefits!

• but during the chat she said that she doesn't want me tied down and she wants me to experience college, and i don't know if she meant sexually like with different guys and stuff.

• You don't know if your mother advised you to sleep around, or not?

Lol, I don't know what to say, I can't talk to my mum about those kind of things haha.