Am I the only one who hates texting?

Am I the only one who hates texting? I feel like it is highly impersonal. I hate that it's hard to tell if the convo is over or not. I was taking to my friend the other day and made my point and 10 minutes later she texts me "hello?" I was like okay I thought the convo was over lol. Why don't people just call me geez

Most Helpful Girl

• yes I hate texting. one of my ex bf's texted me things he should have said to my face in person but he didnt'. it can be a cold way of talking to people, it's not the same as talking in person

What Guys Said 4

• I use texting when traveling in a foreign country because roaming can be very expensive. I never do it at home.

• i advocate the middle ground with respect to texting. With those I want to be really close and get to know well, I prefer some personal contact, because I need to have validation through body language (I feel we communicate a lot through non verbal cues)..when I feel there is potential for anything awkward (with people whom I don't really relate to and hence don't know what to talk) I prefer texting as it can be to the point...

• I know your not the only person who feels that way. I like to text to avoid that spot of silence in the conversation, cause I'm not much of a phone talker. If you don't like to text you could just call your friends?

• This is exactly one of the reasons I hate texting ..it prevents people (especially young people) from learning how to interact (talk) to one another-some people don't know how to act/be polite because they are so used to communicating in non-verbal ways or thru technology. It helps create socially inept people

• I'm not into txting. if I want to talk to someone I will call them or they can call me. and yes its impersonal.

What Girls Said 3

• I hate it too. I basically refuse to do it, unless I absolutely have to.

• I don't like it either

• Yeah I don't like it either.