How can I show him I'm not too good for him?

I've been dating this really sweet guy for a couple months. We were set up by a mutual friend and ever since we started dating, our friend tells me he's always saying how I'm too good for him and that he's always afraid he's going to do something to ruin things with me. He never acts like this around me, but it bothers me a lot that he feels this way. His friends told me he's really insecure, so that's probably why.

What can I do or say to get him to not think this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not going to solve insecurity with a magic wand, or a wave of the hands.

Do point out when he's doing awesome things, things that're unlike other guys, and how you're so happy that you're with him instead of with someone else.

Also, as long as he's not saying it to you, it's all good :) Treat him like the man you want him to be, and he'll probably come around.

What Guys Said 1

• You have to make him feel like you like him more than he likes you

What Girls Said 1

• Rub his back or feet. Something like that shows your appreciation of him, hence how good you view him.