How come I never get anywhere with girls on pof?

I talk to like 7 or 8 girls a week, but I can never get them on a date. It's just a big waste. Are they all on the site just for an ego boost? I used to rush girls into going on a date and now i'll talk for like a week or two before suggesting we go out. Still doesn't work...

At one point I made it a goal to approach 1 girl a day and I did that for a while and nothing ever came of it. I would talk to a girl for like 10-15 minutes only to find she had a bf.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? POF doesn't have the best reputation as far as online sites go. Just from users alone, I'd guess that you'd have better luck on OKCupid. And it does take longer to get a date online because they're trying to make sure you're someone they won't get murdered or raped by. Rushing into a date isn't the way to get women online to trust you. A final tip on online dating: set up a date in neutral territory where you both have a lot of ways out. Fall usually has a lot of festivals, which are perfect for no-pressure dates.

What Girls Said 2

• Is your profile really detailed? Sometimes I think its better if you don't say too much, just a few bullet points about yourself.

Likewise, what kind of stuff are you messaging the girls? If you're one of the people that just says 'Hi' then its no wonder people aren't replying or going out with you!!!

• Pretty much what MothMonsterMan said. Dating sites are a waste of time and you can never tell if the person is accurately representing themselves. Not to mention some people are straight up creeps/social outcasts

What Guys Said 2

• I dont think anyone here (esp girls) are comfortable with going out on a date with someone they met on a website. For all they know you might be a 40 year old guy into underage stuff x_x

So yea go do it in the real world and you'll see it won't take 2 weeks of talking ;) That is if you make a good first impression.

• Start doing it in the REAL world. It will teach you communication and social skills and valuable experience. Stop wasting time in the virtual world. As you can see, nothing has come of it