What was dating like for you?

This question is trying to get at any potential generational differences in dating. So yeah, it's directed at the older members of GAG. Let's say, 40+ (although anyone else can really answer). If you know how it was like for your parents as well, feel free to include that.

Please, if you don't mind, include your age.

What was considered a date? Was sleeping together a thing that happened before marriage/commitment? How was your experience in dating different than how you perceive today's dating world to be?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 39 and it isn't different at all really. Sex happens when it happens. Social sites have made it easier to meet people in the last 20 years. That is really the biggest difference. Also, women feel more empowered to take control of their own dating life over the past few years. I have been asked out many times and that is different, but I like and respect that women feel empowered to do so.

What Guys Said 1

• Oh dear... this is not gonna be the most helpful opinion :-)
    Humour is allowed but my dating history is a blank sheet. I'd like to learn to know a girl but so far have not met one...

What Girls Said 0