If your aren't wanting to be in any kind of relationship, you typically don't have a crush on anyone, right?

Like the title says..
If you aren't wanting to be in any kind of relationship, you typically don't have a crush on anyway, correct?

• Yes, no crush at all.
  • No, definitely have a crush.

Most Helpful Guy

• This isn't a binary situation, the poll shouldn't just be 'crush' or 'no crush'. There are actually two completely independent tracks running at the same time that may be correlated, but are definitely not causal.

A person can say no to a relationship because they are crushing on a different person. They can say no to a relationship because they are not crushing on anybody, but would still like a relationship, but not like the relationship with the person that asked them out. They can say no to a relationship because they are not crushing on anybody and just don't feel like they want a relationship with anybody. All sorts of different possibilities. They can even be crushing hard on somebody, but still not feel like they are in a position in their life where they are ready for the commitments of a relationship.

Those two factors (relationship yes/no, and crush yes/no) must be considered separately.

What Guys Said 3

• The poll doesn't work for this because it's a yes or no answer to something that is subjective. Whether a person wants to or doesn't want to be in a relationship depends more at where they are individually. Before I met the girl I'm dating now I knew I wanted to be in a relationship. Yes it started with me having a crush on her but I didn't like anyone for awhile but was open to finding someone. Someone can still like another person in that way and not want a relationship. It all depends on timing and personal development.

• Okay. Yeah that makes sense.

• Just because your not waiting, doesn't mean you can't fall for some people

• Incorrect, not wanting to commit doesn't mean you don't want to get laid.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally, I'd say that's incorrect. I'll take my own personal example to furthermore prove my point. Currently, I have an extremely busy schedule and I'm aware that I don't have the time required to maintain a healthy relationship. That doesn't mean that I don't like anyone. At the moment, there is a guy who I've been fancying for months over months now, but I know that I'm not ready to be in a relationship because I don't have the time for one. I have work and my studies, and the little time I get in between is much appreciated me-time. Some people who don't want a relationship, might not have a crush. But according to my personal experiences and those of my friends, they always have a crush or someone they'd like to date and so on, but they know better.

• you like the person but you dont like the restraints a relationship puts on you.

• I wouldn't want to date Brendan Fraser, because IRL he's kind of a douche, but I totally have a crush on him.

• You can easily have a crush on someone but not want a relationship xx