Does a girl seem less attractive for dating prospects as she gets older? Would you date an older chic or say women should date guys older?

Currently I'm the older 'woman' in a relationship with a man, 6 years younger than me. I feel it's difficult to maintain this relationship because of the differences in life experience. He is very caring, more so than all previous ex bf's/ dating flings I've had... My family say he would leave me for a younger 'vixen', I will always worry that I don't look young enough (I do lookyoung for my age, according to bf I look his age) and that he's 'too young'.
What exactly is the consensus out there on this situation. There are older guys pursuing me, but I'm currently taken. I respect my relationship with my current man but at times, wish he was more of a 'leader' type,

sorry I didn't intend to write a question and be personally attacked within 5 minutes of joining this site... if you have an opposing opinion, learn how to present an educated 'argument', that you are not personally attacking someone based on bs.
I guess a male opinion would give me a better idea of the consensus. I value you your opinion a little more if you've actually been in a relationship that is like this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Quit complaining :D

If he wants you, then that's all to the good. When you're older yet, you won't be getting the hot young stud action. So enjoy it while you've got it.

The leader thing is something completely different. You need to decide if that's what you want.

And you need to find out what he wants from a LTR, does he want kids? Where's your body at if that's the case? Because that *is* a reason he might leave you for a younger vixen, later. So you need to find that out, and hope he knows what he wants.

Most divorces aren't men upgrading, but women who're tired of their guys. So chances are about 6 or 7 out of 10 that you're the one who'll end up dumping him, if you put a ring on it.

• haha ok I'll quit complaining :P

• Or more status / more alpha. Agreed.

But that's something that's completely different than the age thing. I don't think she should break up with him because he's younger. If she wants a leader/alpha, then *that* is a reason to break up with him.

She's also so young, and he's so close in age, that she's got nothing to fear from a young vixen (right now). If she puts a ring on it, then it's all good. If she just dates him for 20 years, then she needs to start worrying about a vixen coming and taking him away.

• I assume my body is good if I'm getting checked out. he likes the fact I go to the gym regularly

What Guys Said 7

• some 40 yo women can look hot

• I'm sure your Sexually attractive and I personally would prefer an "older" woman, I can't really see myself in a relationship with a girl my age

• what do you mean by leader type?

• At my age I can only find girls my age or younger, most older girls prefer men their age. That's the issue for you most men KNOW they can get younger women because they want older men.

• I do prefer and have been engaged to a guy my age. I've dated older. but I always will face that unconscious or conscious 'discrimination' that I'm 'too old' to be dated or be considered to be treated as human according to a few answerers here. Maybe it's better to be single. But my current guy is respectful and treating me as his gf... not something, but a person with feelings. That's a reason I dont' like older guys necessarily, they always seem to want younger anyways, not their own age.

• I don't have a problem with older girls, for me tho 6 year difference might be a bit too much, but who knows, i was never in a situation like this.

• once you hit 30 he'll start looking at younger girls

• why is that? he's 6 years younger. maybe this is true for you. but he isn't you.

• No Amber you're the disgrace

• you're getting traded in anyway there's nothing you can do about it. I feel sorry for you the clock is ticking.. tick tock tick tock

• So I take it you're 24 and he's 18?
    If so, that's still more or less the same age group... though it's pushing it.

But yes, generally younger women are more appealing - at least as far as dating prospects go. That being said, I have nothing against dating a slightly older women.

• yeah I thought he was older and he thought I was younger. so far we're compatible. I would rather date someone my age, but it seems younger guys ask me out more often. I guess it's personal preference...

What Girls Said 2

• As it is, girls tend to mature quicker than guys for the most part and the age gap is a bit big which doesn't help that you wish he was a more of a 'take lead" type of guy. He's always gonna be behind on experiences which will take longer for him to keep up with you and what you might have already learned in life. He is younger so that may be why he's more caring as well since he may not have had that many gf's and in that way it's good. In the end it's all up to you, what you want, and what makes you happy. If you guys love each other and are willing to work through any obstacles that come your way then that's a great sign.

• Works for some. But the general mentality of the mob in general is, age number counts. And yes mostly guys go after older ladies for the sex only. So don't expect a long term relationship. If you are adamant on it, you're bound for heart break. Enjoy the time you have with him for the time being.

• 'most guys go after older ladies for the sex only' where are the statistics? or is that just your assumption? it definitely isn't that way in our relationship.