Why am I always in the friend zone with girls?

Okay, I always end up in the friend zone with girls. I just dated this girl and she told me she "would rather be friends". Im overweight (6'1 240lbs) I feel like I'm okay looking. I joke around a lot in my life so I was thinking maybe I'm being too funny and I seem like a buddy. I actually asked the girl that put me in the friend zone this last time and she said I was nice but it wasn't the right time for her. I always here similar things from women, "you're funny, you're nice, you're cute" all the things you don't want to hear if you want to date so what do you think it is and how can I improve?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because you're not apropriately inaprorpiate. You can be funny and great to be arround, but you lack that extra touch to stand out from the crowd. That subtle flirting, i'd say. You need to be more than funny, nice, and cute. You also need to show a certain subtle sexual interrest. Because deep down at their very instincts, that's the goal of a relationship. And you need to touch that instinct.

Also, you might want to get your body in order. It's not something women are willing to admit, but they are biologically hardcoded to pick the best mates (overweight isn't good). So you might want to take that into account. (with that said, men are also deep down carnal beings. we are animals, after all)

What Girls Said 3

• It is okay to make women smile/laugh but maybe you end doing it wrong you end up looking like a fool in the women's eyes, no one wants to date a clown do not get too comfortable around women we get irritated very quickly, play hard to get too, be a flirt-er things like that and do not take forever to tell them how you feel because the longer you take the more you getting deeper into the friend-zone.

• Maybe they like you better as a friend

• Friendzone is rejection.

What Guys Said 3

• You put yourself in the friend zone. When women give their excuses they are usually lying their asses off. It's not a bad time to date. It's just a bad time to date you. You're a nice guy, but you don't do anything to make them want to jump your bones. Or they feel that they have a yes man on their hands. A guy who's never going to stand up to them. If there's anything you want to improve, you can start with losing some we. That never hurts. You also need to embrace your inner asshole. Don't become one, but learn how to channel it.

• You are being friends with women you want to date. Stop doing that. Never be friends with a girl you are interested in. Every action you take should be showing that you are interested in dating.

• ok so 240 at your height isn't that bad. Confidence can easily overcome that. The major problem is that when you are talking to a girl you are giving off the friend vibe because you want her to be amiable with you. That is not what "wins" a girl over, and you don't want every girl you talk to even be friendly necessarily. Channel your inner dominant male. If you are attracted to her be strait with her and let her know you find her attractive and be confident with her. If you are showing confidence and your masculine side appropriately and you approach girls within you attractiveness level 80 to 90% of them won't give you the time of day because they are now looking at you as a potential partner instead of a friend. But when you find a girl who is still interested she won't have put you in the friend zone. This all of course is easier said then done, and has caviates.