What did this guy mean by this message.. "If your a no show I'll know why"?

This guy I just started seeing we got in an argument but I said to him that we got off on the wrong foot and would be good to see him again so he text me "Ok I'll be at this restaurant tonight, if your a no show ill know why".. What does this even mean? I replied that I only just finished work and he text me too short notice, and asked what he meant by he'll know why but he hasn't replied. So confused would love some opinions on this.

So now I understand what he meant but I genuinely couldn't make it as I finished work late and I only saw his message when I finished which I told him but he has not replied to my text at all so should I just move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you made him understand that you would love to see him again, don't worry. If he's serious about you he'll come around. Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• It means that if you don't show up, he knows you're not that into him.

• It means that if you don't show up, he'll assume you stood him up on purpose to be mean.

What Girls Said 2

• Move on, he was sounds like a overly complicated fellow :( he might audio have been burned in previous relationships to give you such a snippy response

• Either show up or don't, if you don't, then I'll take that as us being over.