What are your opinion's on a sophomore (10th grader) Talking to a 8th grader?

I recently have been talking to this 8th grader, & its been in a friendly way, but he is starting to call me "bae". A lot of people make a big deal out of highschoolers talking to a 8th grader. Plus I'm a girl & he is a boy , & younger, which would make it weird to a lot of other people.. but... What are your opinions on it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter what it looks like to other people... as long as you know his maturity level is good with yours than I say it's ok... I'm 3 years younger than my bf and he's amazing. Plus I met him when I was a senior in hs and he was a freshman 😳 hah get to know him and if he really is sweet and mature take your time tho...

What Guys Said 2

• An 8th grader seems young to me, no matter how old the other person is. Dating age is usually 16, 15 in some cases. But bottom line, no one should be dating until high school.

It may seem hypocritical me being 20 and dating high school girls, but they are legal age and have reached dating age.

• Dont do it. Im a junior and I wouldn't talk to a middle schooler. I mean if she was a year younger sure.

What Girls Said 5

• As in, a relationship?
    Well honestly to me that's odd. A 14 year old guy is usually not even at the same level of maturity (both physically and mentally) as a 14 year old girl, let alone a 15/16 year old. That's why a lot of teen girls will go for a guy a year or two older, because he's often around the same level of maturity as her.

• The guy probably just recently started puberty whereas you're going to be done with it soon, if not already.

• Look this has gone on long enough. I don't get on here to constantly argue with white people. Sorry.

• Its not big deal honestly but before you decide that you want to tie a knot its good to get to know him first, and just talk to him and be yourself, don't rush into a relationship so quickly

• Its not bad 2 years apart isn't bad if you truly like him, talk to him, get to know him good luck, any questions ask me, I'll follow you.

• It's not that big of a deal. Why are people bugging you about it anyways it's not their lives or Anything.. Just do whatever makes you happy. :)

• Not a good look loll