Is it really such a bad thing to be big?

This question has been asked in more ways than one over and over. But what's really wrong with being a little larger? I've come to grips that I'm not now nor will ever be a size two. I'm just not built that way. And I'm cool with that, I really am. But why aren't other people? It is really so bad to be a size 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or even higher? Really? Does it make you that different from everyone else because you pant size is in double digits? Does the heart and soul of someone change because you can't count their ribs when they lift their shirt or they don't have a pack of any kind? WHAT THE HELL IS SO WRONG WITH IT?!

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey there is absolutly nothing wrong with being a size 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, or even 18!

it all comes down to if your healthy. I mean, if your a size 14, and your constantly eating junk food, with no exercise, then yes, you need to become healthier, and you will probly find that your natrual body size isn't infact a size 14, but maybe a siz 10-12.

But if you have a healthy life style with the balance that your body needs, and your natrualy a size 14, then that's f***ing sexy, and you should embrace your curves! :D

Everyone comes in all shapes and sizes, and I think its alittle crazy the exectations people have to all fit in a size 2.. I mean, yeah the girls who are natrualy like that, well, good for you, I mean, I personaly, would HATE to be a size 2. it wouldn't suit me.. it would look unhealthy and ridiculios.

you can always tell if the person is ment to be that size, or if there underweight or overweight.. but personaly, I actuly look at some beautiful women, who are classed as "overweight" and they suit it soo well!

so I gues it just comes down to how you feel about yourself, and the confidence you have about yoursef, and just being healthy.

goodluck honey :)

xx

What Guys Said 3

• first, I think it's important to recognize the distinction between size and health. some size 16 women are clinically obese because they eat too much bad food, and never exercise. but other size 16 women are in excellent health. so the numbers on a woman's clothes labels don't automatically say a thing about her overall health. my wife's a 12-14, and guys check her out regularly (if I might brag about how hot my wife is...).

and I think that it's important for women to admit that a lot of the disapproval of bigger women comes not only from men, but from other women. yes, guys can be guilty of being shallow and overlooking girls who aren't skinny. but next time you're at a shopping mall or supermarket, take a close look at the couples: you'll probably see a slender people with bigger partners. but consider Self magazine, which airbrushed 40 pounds from Kelly Clarkson in her recent cover photo: a magazine aimed at women, written and edited almost exclusively by women, decided that Clarkson was a bit too chunky, then digitally manipulated the image to make her look skinnier.

• It's all about being healthy and being over weight is not a good thing.

Being too skinny is just as bad.

One needs to try and balance it all and,so working out is something one should do and eating healthy also is a must to improve or maintain health.

Now I like all kinds of girls,so it's really about the girl.Some girls with a size 15 and up turn me on,so it's all about wheather I'm a attracted to them or not.

Peace!

• I have a few extra pounds on me myself. I am not fat, but I am not skinny. My girlfriend who loved me suddenly had a problem with it after several years of a relationship. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Skinny girls will not be skinny forever (children, age, etc). People are just unfortunately really shallow these days and focus way too much on what someone looks like, than what they are all about. I think honestly that people who have been large for a better portion of their lives are the best to date. They have never been appreciated for their TRUE beauty. You will be appreciated more in return for it. Do not let anyone ever put you down for your size.

What Girls Said 3

• I think health is far more important than size.

Imagine meeting two guys--one makes sure he takes care of himself, the other doesn't care about his health. Which one is more likely to be living a happy, healthy life in 30 years? Which one is more likely to develop a medical problem that cuts his life short? If you had to choose between the two of them based simply on health, who would you rather be with?

• I agree. I never understood folks who think they have the right to judge people because of their size. There are some unfortunate people in this world who desperately need someone to feel better than. Racism and sexism is outdated and unPC, but the last taboos is sizism. So they may feel more superior to someone who isn't thin just because. Very lame.

• it's when you're not healthy that's it's not all right, but when it's unhealthy weight, then it's not other people who should be worried, it's the overweight person themselves. or, whether or not you're of a healthy weight, and you're not fine with your weight and you complain to other people, then it's not ok, because we can't change your weight. but if you're healthy and happy with how you are, then no one should be judging you.