Should I ask if I'm his girlfriend?

I've been dating this guy for over a month now. About two weeks ago he asked me where this is going and I was so nervous I just said I thought it was going somewhere really good, that I really like him, and that I want it to go wherever he wants it to. He acted really happy about my response.
We get along really well and I do really like him. And from the way he acts, I see he feels the same way. Plus, his friends have told me so.
Anyway, I'm really bad about this because I don't have a lot of experience with relationships. Am I his girlfriend? Should I ask him if I am? Or would that be weird?

What Guys Said 2

• Its one of those things you dont need to ask. When your truly a couple you will feel it. Just continue to assume your role, if something is not broken dont try to fix it (or make it wierd). Its like making friends you dont have to ask the person whether your friends or not, its a mutual understanding.

• so let me get this strait, you both reached a unanimous decision that you both wanted the relationship to go towards somewhere you both want it to go but didn't discuss where "that" is? I think it's safe to assume that he wants to have a bf/gf (maybe even exclusive) relationship. no need to ask him, it'll make you look dumb because it's blatantly obvious.

What Girls Said 0