Advice on how to ask a guy friend on a date?

Well, the title says it all.
Basically, I have this friend and we are very compatible. We're both in college and I haven' t had feelings as strong as the ones I have for him. I mean, I'm not in love with him or anything, but I do like him a lot. We're just very similar and I can see things really working out between us.
The other day he was at this Starbucks that's on the first floor of the place I live at. I wasn't home, but he texted me and asked what I was doing. I was pretty freaking mad that I was not there because he wanted to come up and say hello and check out my awesome place that I have decorated in things that he would totally appreciate.
So, yeah. He wanted to come up and say hello. He could've texted my roommates because he's friends with them, too, but he texted me. We've flirted a little before and he compliments me on how I look sometimes too.
And, this is totally corny, but one time he said he missed having home made bracelets, like little braided ones, and so last semester I made him one. I mean... when he looked at it he would think of me right? Lol, totally corny. But this semester he asked me for a new one because his old one broke and so I still have this one because I haven't been able to give it to him.
But anyway, back to the advice.
I want to ask him to hang out or something. Tomorrow is my day off, and he absolutely loves Ferris Beuler's Day Off. I plan on making this day really fun for me because I've been kicking butt this semester so far, and I actually have time to. So, I think it might be an opportunity to ask him to join me. Like "you're someone who appreciates Ferris Beuler's Day Off. Want to join me on my day off?" Or something like that.
If not tomorrow then I know he's going to our friend's party and I can talk to him there and everything. Maybe get some hot dogs from Famous Frank's, a place we both like.
Just give me advice on how to ask him out. I know obvious don'ts, but I just don't want to screw it up.
Thanks!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe just ask if him if he wants to have a little "movie party" and hangout. If you dont mind not being alone just invite like another couple over or just some friends. Bring snacks or "Famous Franks". You could approach him like, "Hey tomorrow I have the day off and I wanted to hangout! Do you wanna watch Ferris Bueller? We could get some food too?" I wouldn't be too afraid to ask. I dont think this guy sounds like he'd just reject you. He would probably accept. The worse that could happen is he can't make it or something else is going on. But that happens! Its okay! Just be confident!