Online dating, is this the new normal?

Why have people turned to online dating so much? Just a curious question, it seems like everyone meets online now days? Why? What are your experiences? Stories (good and bad)? To me it feels like shopping for a date, like eye color, hair color, job, height, weight... presto! Here are your potential matches! Lol

I'm not interested in online dating, i just want to know the appeal to others. Just curious

Most Helpful Guy

• It streamlines the whole dating process. It's simpler than trying to approach someone in real life, who may or may not be interested, or even single, and might be busy. Plus there's anxiety, shyness, things like that which make it more difficult. Doing it all online simplifies it. Check some matches, send some messages, hope to get some responses, that's it. No guesswork, no anxiety, no fear of rejection.

• That makes a lot of sense to me. I watched a video on YouTube where they dressed a girl up in a fat suit to meet guys from Tinder, they were terrible to her. So it just made me wonder. Thanks for your input!

• No problem. Thanks for MH! Of course there's negatives to it too. I personally don't like it, but I can definitely see the appeal, especially for shy folks.

What Guys Said 9

• since the the internet became such a great tool for communication, online dating is actually better than face-to-face, and it works well for those people who have social anxiety, no fear of rejection, no fear of judgement, heck this is where i first met my first gf XD... hahaha but there is a catch tho.. the internet may be a good way to communicate to those people that are far from you but , words can really show what you feel, words arnt always true like ' i love you' people say this word always but most of them arnt really true. it take 3 second of a person to say it but it takes a lifetime to prove it and this is a fact. all i want to say is that , even since online dating was made possible, romantic candle lights, sitting under the stars confessing about each others feeling, or simply walking in the park are all in the pass, these were the best and relaxing way to spend time with your partner, but now... pssshhh... i dont wanna live in this planet anymore hahahahha thts my opinion

• Because you have more options. Going online gives you the possibility of meeting someone that you probably wouldn't have met otherwise.

People are saying that they aren't 100% safe, which is true, but it is up to you to make it safe or not. If I ever get on an online dating site, before meeting a girl in person, I'll make sure to talk with her by video chat first, so that I know that I'm talking to the person I saw on those pictures.

• nah i;m not into online dating

• I enjoy online dating because it's easier to see who the bad apples are, and it's easier to meet girls outside of club culture.

It's refreshing to be able to meet up at a park, or go for a hike with my dog, and really get to know the other person compared to a dirty club with loud music, and drinking.

I'm not really shallow like that - I just look for girls that are cute, nice, and have things in common.

• I use Tinder for the sluts and the easy hook ups as well as the amount of options. So easy to get laid using tinder.

• My advice to everyone is don't do it me trust me.

• More people to communicate with but you have to remember, those sites aren't safe

• Not for me. I rather just meet someone in person.

• I don't like online dating at all.

What Girls Said 2

• You can't be sure if someone is legit or not. Not online ever. Online dating isn't 100% I think the best thing is just face to face dating, meeting someone on your own so you know who they are.

• It is becoming normal because it's easier... it's also more dangerous. A girl on my campus got sexual assaulted today from a guy she met online. Never hurts to be careful.