GIRLS: Will you give him a chance?

Okay so here it is girls (and yes guys also). What if you met this really nice guy. This is at a college level meaning you and him are college students. He's very smart and loves to play tennis, skate and has interest in music. He wants to become an engineer, he is a junior in college. He is your best friend. He was there for you through family lost and breakups. He would compliment you and he would care for you. He makes efforts to be with you because well, he's your best friend. He has an amazing personality in which he is very nice to others, cares for you and will help in anyway he could. He is very mature for his age as he is 21. He buys everything when it comes to movies and dinner (Occasionally like birthdays, but not often when you guys hang). You guys are very close and you trust each other when it comes to secrets. When you guys fight, it hurts you that he may leave. And no matter what happens, you will fight for him to stay with you in his life because HE WAS THE FIRST GUY to actually care for your well being. You guys talk everyday and you make sure he is alive and well. But what if one day, he said you both have been doing things such as a couples do (Movies, dinner, gifts, hanging, traveling together) and he asked if you could give him a chance for to date you. Would You? I mean he proves it everyday he cares for you and he has never hurt you before because he thinks you are perfect. He knows it will work out because you both like to handle things soon and very effectively. And not once, did you guys fight or got mad at each other while you guys are friends.

But there is one problem, you aren't attracted to him, but he is everything you want in a relationship. But you just don't find him attractive. WOULD you date him still because the personality is perfect for you?

On a side note, can you all please elaborate on a few things. No matter how great of a guy he is, would you still date him even if that attraction isn't there?

• Yes, I would date him (Despite attraction, personality first)
  • No, I would not date him (Attraction first, then personality)

Most Helpful Girl

• If there isn't an physical attraction I wouldn't date him there has to be something there

What Girls Said 3

• I won't date him. He is really sweet and nice but there are other things to consider as well. Being appropriately inappropriate is what seperates a friendzoned guy and a potential date. If he can flirt well at right times and is a charmer... then I can consider him. But then again... the guy should be at least average looking :) There should be SOME chemistry... but not all girls want the same thing. You can be someone's choice as well.

• I don't think I would hang out with a guy like that if the attraction wasn't initially there...

• Interesting... you won't hang with an attractive guy. Could she be using me then? I mean we pay for our things seperately

• Note this is scenario based, it's not me. BUT say it was to make it easier. Being friends for almost 2 years and within those years, 4 months in, we became close because I was there for her when she broke up with her ex and I was there when she lost a family member. Assuming it's me, I told her that the things "we" do is already considered dating. We give each other gifts, dinner and movies just the two of us. What do you think I should do? Stick around and see if she will fall for me but showing her who I do care for her unlike her other exs or should I leave? I mean it would eventually hurt me to watch the girl I love, love someone else while I'm there for her support

• I say only continuing to try if the guy sees a glimpse that maybe one day she will fall for him. Other than that I suggest that he should just move on because it's not fair to himself. Of course if he didn't mind being the friend for her but eventually she won't need him anymore when she finds others.

• This is how guys end up in the friend zone. If you're not attracted to him it isn't going to change

• There is no such thing as a friendzone... and attraction grows overtime... it happens

• I'm asking this based on a scenario so it's open minded. I want to know what girls think of it. But according to some people, having the attraction first not only shows they have some form of shallowness, they are still single. I've also heard from people that, they ended up becoming attracted to guys overtime even when they thought they never saw him as a dating option or they were never physically attracted to them at first. Overtime on their friendship, it happened. But it was too late for them. The guys already moved on or they found another partner.

• Attraction is not a form of shallowness. Its based on hormones and our primitive core. Yes you can see someone in another light I totally agree but that means you did not see them that way not that you were not attracted to them.

What Guys Said 2

• There's no point if they aren't attracted to him. Then he makes just a great friend and not boyfriend

• As soon as you said "amazing personality" I knew you were her permanent BFF.

• Well damn... But this is not referring to me. This is a based on a scenario