The opposite proposal?

I've been told all my life that the guy should ask the girl out. But that was all stories and girl's opinion. Is it okay to ask the guy out?
I've been having the huge war about this topic in head but every time I've asked, it's "The guy should ask the girl out."
I'm just trying to figure this out.

Most Helpful Guy

• I HATE when I hear that. It is old time stupidity and it ruins the chance of many happy unions.
    I decided to just take a break from dating. my divorce was this past January. Not something I wanted. I dated a bit. But I have major trust issues with women since my ex wife, someone I was with 25 yrs, cheated on me at least the last 2 years of our marriage, maybe a lot more. So trying to understand how someone stays with you 25 years and never loves you..
    anyway, if the woman makes the first move at least I can have some trust that she is really interested. So I decided I will only date if the woman makes the first move. she has to contact me first. I have had a few do that.
    So stop believing this 50's era bullshit and go after him if your really interested. because he may never approach you if you wait for him.

What Guys Said 5

• So here's the thing. It goes back to guys being gentlemen, blah blah blah. The truth is, its perfectly ok for girls to ask guys out, i mean. If u do that don't expect him to pay for all of it, But its not wrong. Like, asking him to hang out or something simple like that. or suggest going to the movies or something. But its perfectly fine for a girl to ask a guy out.

• it can honestly go both ways. a lot of guys and girls prefer a more traditional standpoint, from my experience, which is probably why they tell you that but it really doesn't matter. if you like a guy then roll the dice.

• My wife asked me out!

• How else is he supposed to know you like him? This question is asked a million times but I'll keep answering until every woman gets it.

• Ask him out!

Guys like being asked out as much as girls do!

What Girls Said 2

• That's not wrong at all! In my opinion asking won't matter to much because in the end you both hopefully will be married or engaged. Keep in mind he might not be ready !

• I've asked guys out before, it's no problem.