Have you noticed how MOST BUT NOT ALL young adults and teens only date that are equally attractive as they are?

Please don't say''I am good looking and I have dated average looking guys, etc.'' cause I said MOST not all young adults and teens only date people of the same attraction level. Whenever I go anywhere and I see many teens and young adults dating, I notice how MOST of the time good looking people date each other, average looking people date each other, and below average looking date each other. SOMETIMES I notice young adults and teens dating someone that is not of equal attraction but the majority of times that is not the case.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• mmmm interesting! never realised :) but would that be an opinion though? some might say 'ew he looks like a horse', yet his utterly stunning to her eyes :)

• It is not an opinion. Many other people have agreed with me. Most people young attractive people only date other attractive people, most average young people only date average looking people, etc. I said most of the time not all the time.

• I am ugly and all of the average/nerdy/not so attractive guys I've liked have rejected me. I have never had a boyfriend ever.

• Probably because those types attract but if you really like them then looks don't matter. plus if people dated on attraction level that would suck for me cause I'm ugly as hell but I have a very attractive boyfriend so I don't know really

• Yes but you know that I am right that for most cases it is true.

• True. In High School like 97% of people date only people of similar attractiveness. In college and university like 94% of people. In like mid to late twenties like 85% of people only date people of similar attractiveness. Even though most people still date people of similar attractiveness in their mid to late twenties it goes down to like 85% because more people are caring less about looks when they get older due to becoming more mature.

• Yep exactly

• Initial mutual attraction and all that jazz.

• I think it depends more on the person, plus beauty is in the eye of the beholder for the most part. But with social status I can understand a celebrity wanting to date another celebrity or popular and popular etc

• Yes it depends on the person but you would have to admit it is true for most cases. Look around and you would notice I am right that it is true for most but not all cases.

• there's a sciencey reason for it. people are attracted to people who share features or traits. take a look at adult couples sometime, you might well notice they have similar noses, eybrows, or ways of walking.

• Not only young adults. Almost all people do this it's called "matching hypothesis" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matching_hypothesis here's a video of an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1oMfs8nWY the people in the experiment couldn't see their own numbers but could see other people's numbers. What ends up happening is more "attractive" numbers (higher numbers) end up getting with more attractive numbers same with people

• Crap I didn't realize how crappy and shortened that video was until after I posted it (I watched it on TV before I didn't realize they cut the YouTube version) watch this one instead it explains everything better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxoWUL0eqg4

• i never noticed that. you're right for most cases..

What Guys Said 4

• Well at that age they are immature and just want attractive partners. Not the kinda chubby nice guy who's good with kids and has a good job

• Well they're teenagers. Why would they be thinking about having kids? lol.

• Young adults are immature too, like college age. They just wunna fuck stuff

• Most females and males don't mature until their mid to late twenties.

• Yes. But, I have seen a few pretty girls with a guy who was average looking, which gives me hope. I have dated girls who weren't up to my standards, but they had a good personalities. I'm betting some women were attracted to me for the same reasons. That's cool. I am average looking, so I'm not too picky about what she looks like. I have been with chicks who weighed more than me, but most of them were smaller. I was with a female and when the guy's found out they made fun of me. It didn't bother me a whole lot. I just wish people weren't so judgemental.

• It's only natural. Nobody really wants to date down in terms of looks if they're not bringing anything else to the table (money/whatever).

For someone to date up that would mean the other is dating down

• Let me guess, they all have fresh clothes and cool clothes right?

• Huh?

• I mean they wear trendy clothes too, so they date with other trendy clothed people.

• That too lol.