Does cutting off communication actually attract a guy?

The guy I've hooked up with a few times doesn't reach out to contact me anymore. He responds when I reach out, though. So, do I just stop reaching out entirely? Do I post mysterious snapchat stories? How do I get him to get in touch with me first? Because he used to a lot and it was awesome - he admitted he once had feelings, but now he's SUPER busy with course overloads this school year.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not for me. I despise the typical, "Oh, I don't want to appear desperate, so I'm not going to talk to him/her too much." Really, I think ti's a ridiculous social construct. If you like someone, you should talk to them whenever you feel like it. I really think this fear of appearing desperate stops people from really becoming close.

If he's not interested and you keep reaching out to him, it's not going to matter, you might waste some time, though. But, at the same time, if he's not interested and you reach out to him, you might pick up some hints that he's not interested. If he is interested, and you keep reaching out to him, it will work out, and a good conversation could come out of it. Really no real down side to it, imo.

Plus, you said he's really busy. If you reach out to him, maybe do it at a time when you think he'll be free. And, even if you reach out to him when he's busy, he'll probably get back to you later.

What Guys Said 6

• guys are not like women. we don't make up all kinds of hidden meanings within meanings.
    he is just busy. give him time or continue to talk with him. right now school is more important then a relationship or he would contact you. the fact he answers means he is interested otherwise he wouldn't bother. give the guy time and keep it casual for now.

• Men and women really aren't all that different. Generally, guy's are more straightforward, but you never know what a person, regardless of gender, is like.

• IF HE REALLY MISSES you.. that's a good sign. This is always a good way to test his reactions!

• He could care less what you do. He got what he wanted, next time watch out for the players.

• Really? Because he used to have feelings, and before he said he isn't good at getting hurt and that's why he doesn't want to date. IDK. Oh well. Any ways to play a player?

• If a girl did this my first reaction would be she doesn't like me so I move on.

• So what would your reaction be to a girl trying to get to hang out with you, but you're too busy? I have been trying for a while but he is SUPER busy with extra courses this semester. Not sure what to do about it.

• For me it would be difficult. I would tell her honestly it won't work out right now due to my schedule.

• He's not interested anymore plain and simple

• i usually stop texting a girl after i get laid or i get bored if he is like me he prob used u for sex or is bored

• He had feelings after we hooked up the first time; we texted the whole summer; he normally texts me back, but he's massively busy with school. He'd fuck me again, I know this - otherwise would he not just ignore everything and then not check my snapchat stories? Just cut me out if he was not interested? I just want him to be "Hey..." a bit more.

• I have no idea how to show him I'm doing all these things. Honestly, whatever. If he wants it, he can work for it. I'm busy too, and there are other guys out there. If we hookup again, I can mention all these other guys I'm seeing/sleeping with and see what happens. I can also tell him I appreciate his friendship (not a lie). See how he likes being in the Friend-Zone in comparison to some of those other guys.

• lol ok

What Girls Said 0