GUYS AND GIRLS, would you ever date someone that smokes?

I personally don't smoke and I don't often find it attractive nor would I probably date someone that smokes cigarettes, but are there any guys or girls that WOULD date someone who smokes? If not, why? xxx

What Guys Said 6

• Sure. I don't smoke anymore, unless you count e-cigs, but I was a smoker 14-20. I love the smell, and all the women I've dated and really liked smoked. So, I don't really care. Cigarette smoke reminds me of a specific chick that I was deeply in love with, too: which is kinda a positive/negative thing, either making me sad or interested.

Besides. If they're willing to risk lung cancer, they'll probably risk having sex. I also find they're more open and comfortable with their sexual nature than nonsmokers, generally. May or may not be true, just my experience.

• Yeah but only if she's a light smoker. Don't want to taste/smell that crap when we're doing our thing.

• Yeah i smoke so i guess i would, but i want to quit and would hope my significant other wouldn't, and would like to nag me to quit.

• I might because i'm a little bit desperate nowadays, but I would never marry a smoker

• As someone who does smoke it would be hypocritical of me to hold a double standard in that regard.

• Honestly, that depends on what they smoke. If it is cigarettes, disgusting. However if it is something that will not do damage to your system such as marijuana, (look it up before you try to disprove me) then it's okay with me

• if she has the money to buy chewing gum herself then I wouldn't care that much.

What Girls Said 11

• I would. I smoke occasionally and used to smoke a pack a day, so it would be stupid of me to have that requirement in a partner.

• Sure, as long as the person respected me and was faithful to me I wouldn't care if he smokes or not. There's gum, mints, mouth wash.

• I've dated people that do before but it really irritated me - I hate it, it stinks soooo bad and I've heard that when a person smokes they don't realize how bad it smells until they quit... ugh!

• I'd find it really hard to do it and if I cared about him I'd really urge him to stop. If he refused to stop that would be a deal breaker

• I don't smoke and I dont find it attractive or anything like that. But i did start seeing someone who smoked. I had nothing against it but i just dont like the smoke invading my air. I made sure he knew I hated that and he didn't really smoke around me because i didn't like it. I stayed with him because he was respectful of that, if he didn't care and started smoking with me in the car so i would suffocate then I wouldn't have been with him.

• probably not. i'll admit that guys can look sexy while smoking but the bad breath and yellow teeth ruin the whole image.

• I guess as long as its outside

• Nope I wouldn't date them if they smoked anything, I don't so why would I date someone who does?

• I would, but strangely if they smoke weed/pot i dont

• I wouldn't even consider it. I've seen what it has done to my dad (who started smoking before they knew it was dangerous and has since quit). It is one thing I just can't accept after growing up with the effects.

• If I really love him then I believe I can change him :) so its a yes