Am I desperate, what should I do?

Is it desperate for someone to consider or/and date someone that are less attractive, or date someone you dont really find attractive? When i was around 16-18 i only wanted to date attractive guys, and if the attractive guys didn't want me i would't date at all. But then i got older and realised that looks aren't everything and started to have standars regarding personality. Anyway, now im Considering going to give every guy a chance (as long i find them a bit attractive), because looks aren't everything. But when i think about it isn't that a bit desperat? I mean quite many of the guys i have been on dates with haven't been goodlooking. I think i am desperate or lower my standars because im so insecure and shy that i almost dont have a choice... so would you call me desperat and what can i do about it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It just means that you are not that attractive; you must come to the realization that you have over estimated your looks to want to date attractive guys. No, it is not desperation.

0|0
    0|0
    • I dont over estimate my looks, i thought i was ugly to just now recently. So i can promise its not that. But im still insecure about my personality, so i dont think im fun or exciting enough to date goodlooking guys. If i date a guy i dont find attractiv i normally do it because i know they like me, and since im not attracted to them i won't get hurt or disapointed if it doesent go well. I get quite a lot of attention from good looking guys, but im just so shy that im afraid to show intrest back... so like i said, i dont over estimate my looks. .. based on that do you still think im desperate, since i know i can get more goodlooking guys?

• Show All
    • I agree with you a 100%... by the way any tips to how i can just overcome my desperation for a relationship?

• You have to be okay with being alone; you have to be comfortable in being independent. If there is an opportunity to be with a guy you are genuinely attracted to, then go for it. Otherwise, why settle for less? You are not going to happy if you settle.

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Not necessarily desperate, looks aren't everything. A lot of the time if u are attracted to a guys personality he becomes visually attractive too

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I wouldn't call it desperate. You just realized that looks aren't everything but then again you do have to be attracted to the guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know. . But is it desperate that i kinda know i can get more attractive guys, but still date less attractive guys? The reason i do that is because that way i can't feel bad if it doesent go well, because i didn't want them in the first place