How do you feel about dates?

Do you like to go on dates? I mean like to a restaurant, candle light dinner, something around those lines. I Don't understand why people like them. I don't even like to use the term date. In my mind a date is just a way to potentially set yourself up for failure. I rather not go out to eat and ask you questions, or you ask me questions, neither of us truly give a fuck about. It just seems so boring and like a chore. I much rather take a girl I just met to universal studios, Disney world, a fair, or something that is considered "fun". Therefore there is none of that awkwardness going on, we are getting to know each other and have a blast at the same time, memories WILL be made regardless if we see each other again or not. I feel like everything is just more natural in those environments and things between both people will go SO much better that to go out on a "date". How do y'all feel about that?

Most Helpful Guy

• What you described is still a 'date', but its just unconventional.

I personally am not too keen on dates, because more often than not i have found that I'm the only one who's talking, while the women can't keep the conversation going.

• Yea exactly. Its so weird and awkward. lol

• Well... it does turn out awkward when one person is being so enthusiastic while the other just sits and listens like a dumbo.

What Girls Said 5

• i HATE it. dating is one of the most awkward things ever. I've been asked on a date and I've never been able to say yes to a "proper date" because it just feels so forced to me. I prefer to hang out and do fun activities - and then get together in a natural way rather than something thats so... i dont know the word, but just, so full of intentions and expectations. its just reeaaally not something im comfortable with hahhaa, i know it sounds weird to most people and they dont really get where im coming from

• I don't like the candlelight thing too. It is just so awkward and it makes me feel so nervous.

But here is the good point!
    You can take your dates anywhere you want. Just plan something fun and you are probably right that that is a better way to get to know someone. Keep it simple though on the first date. Maybe disneyland comes later. But a fair or universal studios sounds great!

• I agree with you that for the most part dates are a waste of money and time. I would like a road trip somewhere nice.

• I'd much rather go to Disney land lol or do a activity date when I'm first dating the guy. There's not so much pressure, right? And you can just be yourself more :) But then later when it's more comfortable being around each other nice romantic dinner dates are great too.

• If I'm your girlfriend and we don't go out, then it feels like you're ashamed to be with me.

• I'm not talking about if we are already dating. If we are already dating, its different. I'd definitely take you out, but I'm talking about like if we was to just meet.

• There are so many creeps out there. Many girls would rather meet in a public place.

What Guys Said 1

• Activity dates are still dates. That and going for dinner/drinks/movie are both good ways to get to know a person and how they are in a variety of situations.

• True. I just like activities. Feel like I can be myself lol

• My view is that a dinner date is like one on one time to talk and share ideas and stories. Activities meanwhile you have things happening around you to inspire conversation more, plus you're sharing experiences that you can talk about later. Shared experiences are very important to a relationship.