Would you date someone from work?

I like someone from work. but I know that after you break up with someone you never want to see them again most of the time. it would be awkward and hard falling for her and then seeing her flirt with another guy, plus everyone knows everything about everyone. gossip goes around like crazy there. I don't want everyone knowing our business. but I think we may be good together but im not sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I plan to.

What Girls Said 6

• Date or have a relationship with? Probably not. I have messed around with guys from work before in the past though

• I've worked in huge companies, so I've had the chance to date three guys. One was serious, two ended awkward, the serious one ended bad.

I believe life is what you make it, so after we broke up, I decided I was still going to act as normal. Let time do its thing and everything. That went well, and I'd do it again, if I believed love had a chance of victoring through

• As long as both can handle in adult and mature way it will be no problem but that's the difficult part hahaha

• Yeah I would. It's a risk/benefit kind of thing.

• i won't date co worker, it is career suicide for me

• That would be so bad

What Guys Said 5

• Playing with fire there, buddy--is any girl worth the chance of losing your livelihood? Even if you're discreet, she *will* talk, everyone will know your business. It can curtail your career advancement because of the image people will have of you, even if things are going well. And if you end up with a girl who is either really immature or a touch crazy, even truly innocent behavior can lead to a false sexual harassment charge if the girl get's pissed with you and decides to paint you black, and guess who is going to be believed? Even if she recants in that situation, you won't be rehired, you'll be out of work and out of a relationship, and you will also be unemployable with the stigma of sexual harassment hanging over your head.

I won't speak to the perils of a work relationship for women (I'll let the ladies comment there), but for a man, it can be life-destroying, especially in today's climate. There are plenty of women you don't work with, go speak to one of them.

• Plus, I'll mention, if you are unemployed, no woman will touch you. You'll be unemployable and impossible to date.

• I would definitely date a coworker in this point in my life. I work at a local market mostly with part time high schoolers and young adults. I would have hesitations to date someone from a career type job though. I wwould go for it if i thought it could work and held real potential. So Iguess it depends on the situation.

• I'd date a girl from the same company, as long as I know there is a possible way I could avoid her if things don't work out in the end.

• Maybe from a different department, but dating someone in the same department is just not a good idea, you see her everyday making it hard to have time apart, and worse if you break-up you cannot get away!!

• I would do it but you can't play the immature, drama-filled, teenager type crap. You have to go about the process in a very mature and adult way. Make sure that you check yourself and think about if things failing or succeeding might affect your work in any way, because if they do then that's a problem in "two areas
    of your life not just one!