I'm so scared of losing him?

I'm in my first relationship ever. I've been with him for five months, and I'm so attached. I get upset whenever I think of him dumping me. He said he wants to be with me for a long time but I see so many girls around me getting their hearts broken and it terrifies me. I try to be the best girlfriend possible but I'm afraid he's going to find someone better than me that he can see more than once a week. Can a high school relationship last? What are reasons guys end them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, first. Stop freaking out. Guys don't like insecure women, or girls growing up into women. Now, understand that you have choices, he's not the only guy out there. But since he's the guy in your sights right now know that you are in control of your own relationship. You're not a puppy dog, you're a young woman, recognize you're worth. Learn who you are and stop worrying about all the other girls. Matter of fact. You can share this piece of advice with them too. Guys are attracted to women who are secure and have something going for themselves. Women who don't assimilate to them but can stand on their own two feet. Who have their own hobbies and activities etc. You should desire the same in your guy. If you are walking around worrying about him leaving you, you have too much time on your hands. Get a hobby and let your relationship grow. You start making decisions concerning your relationship and stop worrying about whether he is going to end it. Let him worry about you ending it.

What Guys Said 3

• If he said , he wants to be with you for long time and he means it then you have nothing to worry about , high school relationship are never stable so , enjoy him love him have fun but do not relay on him , because in high school males are boys not man they can't take responsibilities of a girl yet.

• Honestly, it's your first relationship, it won't last. But enjoy it and learn from it.

• i have to aggree with Nik1hil im unattached to girls and dont really care enough about a girl to be in a relationship with her (or even ask her out) he either really likes you or he is just stalling till he can find a way to drop you (P. S. dont obsess about it, it will start to aggitate him if you ask him if he likes you 90 times a week) prepare to let go but there is still hope

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should try and enjoy it as much as you can. There is no guarantee that he will stay with you forever, you two might later realize that you're not meant for each other.
    My boyfriend told me that he wanted to stay with me for a long time, but he didn't. You guys are still young and will face lots of obstacles in your lives.
    But whatever happens remember that it's okay if it doesn't workout and you will find someone else.
    Good luck and cheer up!

• Young relationships like yours can last, I know a couple that has been together since middle school! But please be careful. You seem to really care for him and that's wonderful but remember to set your limits! When I got my first bf I was so afraid of him leaving me that I gave in to sex when I wasn't ready. And I regret it ever since. But of course your circumstances can be different and he seems to care for you as well. Don't over think it. As much as you don't want to lose him you don't want to spend your entire relationship with him worrying about him leaving you, instead enjoy the time you have with him! and yes sadly there will be some broken hearts but hey that's part of growing up and maturing and when you're older you'll know what you want from a relationship. I wish you the best!