GUYS: What do you mean by calling a girl "my girl"?

My crush called me "my girl". We're not officially bf/gf. We haven't seen each other for a week cuz I was busy and he text me saying "I miss you a lot. It gets me really sad when I'm missing my girl". I always thought "my girl" refers to his girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• By calling you 'his girl', that means he probably likes you a lot and is open to making it official between you two. Unless you guys have directly discussed it, I wouldn't think it means he's referring to you as his 'girlfriend' just yet.

I hate being in that gray, undefined area with someone that you care for. Just tell him one day that you had a really fun time hanging out with him, and ask how he'd feel about starting a relationship. Don't be worried about 'scaring him away' by bringing up that topic. If it does for some reason scare him off, you're better off without him anyhow as it would indicate that you guys were looking for different things from each other anyhow.

• Thanks girl. You're right. But yah I'm scared to bring up thay talk too. It's just awkward and scary... Like I have no idea what do I say? What do I ask him? "Will you be my bf?" or what? It all sound awkward... :(

• Yeah we're seeing each other. And yes I really don't want it to be a super heavy pressure talk like a job interview or something. I'll try to be as low pressure as I can. One person told me to just be straight up and ask "Will you be my boyfriend?" :/ What's your thought? is that ok too or a bit too flatter?

• thank-you @steveisbored :)

&Yea, you can ask like that or any other way so long as it's clear that you want a relationship. Good luck; don't stress and over think things, I'm sure everything will go well!

What Guys Said 6

• It's a great sign that he likes you for sure! :-)

Until he actually calls you his girlfriend or you guys have a talk about that, though, it's not completely official. Like I said though, he definitely likes you (probably quite a bit) if he's called you his girl.

• Thanks. How do I bring up "the talk" without scaring him away?

• It can be said in a number of different ways but it generally means you are close to him in some way.
    Eigther your his kind of girl or he feels a strong connection with you.

If you like him you may as well get in a relationship ;P

• Yea, he's officially calling you his !!!

• It means he likes you and laying claim to you

• Doesn't matter if you've technically started dating, if he likes you, your his "girl" regardless.

What Girls Said 1