Is meeting my friend from another country a good idea?

So, for the past year or so, I have been talking with a girl from France via Facebook, and just recently we have both admitted we have feelings each other, and we have both said we would like to meet one day, but I'm having mixed thoughts now, nothing is certain yet, but I am slightly nervous at the thought of it, and although she has said she would like to meet, she doesn't seem as into it as I am, what do you think? should I make future plans to meet her, or do I hold off?

Most Helpful Girl

• Take your parents if you do? it could be dangerous I mean it is the internet. I met a girl from the US and I am from Canada we were friends on tumblr for basically a year and a half and my family happened to plan a trip to Disneyland and she lived very close to Disneyland so we met up inside the park! My dad and aunt and cousins were with me and she came alone (but like it's Disneyland probably the safest place to meet up with a person from the internet!) and we had a blast it was great getting to finally hug her and hear her voice and we are still really good friends now! We will probably end up meeting up again sometime in the future too. I was nervous too but as soon as I saw her I knew it was her and we hugged and it was great! a bit awkward at first but not for long since we knew each other pretty well already. I think you should try to meet up with her just make sure you bring someone with you for safety reasons just in case! I mean in my personal experience meeting my online friend is not something I would ever regret it was really great!

What Girls Said 1

• Considering ur profile says under 18, it's way to young to travel to a different country on ur own.

• The law here says anyone over the age of 6 can fly alone as long as they are watched by flight attendants, and 15+ are allowed to fly on their own without restrictions

• It's still risky, I personally would wait, see if your feelings stay the same. Good luck to you both though! :-) xx

What Guys Said 1

• have been in similar situation and teh girl was also not as much into it as I was and so it was a big dissapointment so don't have to high expectations from it!!