How do I tell my parents I want to spend 3 weeks with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I are long distance. We have both planned that it would be great if we lived together while he was on vacation at the hotel. That sounds fine and dandy I mean especially if we're planning to get married soon right?

Here's a problem: I'm 21 and he's 26. I live with my parents, and I'm not quite sure how to tell them my living arrangements for that time. They are VERY over protective of me, always has been, and I don't want this huge thing to blow up and cause a rupture in between my family and my boyfriend. In all honesty, me and my boyfriend have agreed not to have sex until marriage and it's not even about the sexual and intimate part that makes us want to be together in a hotel room. I suggested the idea to him because I just want to be able to enjoy life and take a mini vacation away from family (who Im surrounded by 24/7), because I feel like I'm always confined in doing what they want, I kinda just wanna do me ya know? Plus I want to spend as much time as I can with my boyfriend because as a long distance couple you know we don't have the luxury to see each other every week. And its not like I'm totally leaving my family out of this, I'm still gonna see them and spend time, I just need a 3 week vacation which doesn't sound like a lot to me.

Any advice or stories will greatly be appreciated. Even if your a parent yourself your point of view would be awesome.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You're an adult, so i'd say you should do what you feel like doing. If you feel you know him well enough...(pray first before u go if ur a christian), then proceed.