What should I do regarding my situation?

I am sort of beyond being friends, but not quite at the level of being in a relationship with this guy. It's mostly because he doesn't want a relationship/commitment. My issues is that I almost forgot I had a profile on a dating site, that is, until I got a interest from a guy on there. I don't know if I should send this guy a message, or just be faithful to the guy I'm more than friends with. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• its only a message on a dating site , it might not even go anywhere , its too early to say at this point. those dating profiles can stick around for a long time , I had a profile on pof even though I had not used the site in many months it was still there

What Guys Said 3

• Well if you're not ready to be in a relationship with your friend with benefits, why would you let that discourage you from forming a possible relation from this new guy who sent you a message?

• My friends with benefits isn't ready, I am. But this second guy... he's kind of cute.

• I understand that, however you're saying you don't know if you should send this guy a message or not? Why not? Why would you have to be "faithful" to a friend with benefits? By being "faithful" to him, when he's not ready for a relationship, you could be shutting out a chance with this other guy who could be ready.

• What if the guy who messages you turn out to be the one. It's worth going on a date at least. If thing don't work out with your other guy then you may regret not taking the opportunity...

• What do you want? do you want relationship and commitement? If yes then the current guy is not doing it for you...

• When men don't commit to you that simply means they want the guilt free freedom to mess around. Forget the guy and pursue other options. Get off the internet for dating though...

What Girls Said 1

• Well, you guys aren't an official couple yet so technically, you're free to pursue others if you want to.
    However, how would you feel if he pursued someone else?
    That's something you need to consider.
    And you need to think about if you want more from this guy or not... if you want things to continue progressing.
    If you do, message the guy back on the dating site (because that's the nice thing to do) and tell him that you're seeing someone and deactivate your profile.