I'm in a long distance relationship, but there is a girl in my town im really into?

my girlfriend moved to Illinois and I live in Nevada.

we've been dating for about a year

I just moved back to my hometown in Nevada

this girl I've had a crush on since about the third grade has been flirting with me lately

I have always dreamed about dating this girl.

I won't get to see my girlfriend for 6 months.

do I stay with the girl who moved or leave her and get with the girl in my town?

I understand it's difficult to give input on something you have little knowledge about but what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• A wise person once said if you really loved the first person there wouldn't be need for a second I'm sure you're still young but think of who gives you butterflies just thinking of then

What Girls Said 4

• In my opinion, long distance relationships tend to fail anyway.

Weigh up the pros and cons, then decide.

• I'm in a long distance relationship, but am in college, 3 hours away, and have been dating each other for 2 years. Not being able to see your girlfriend for 6 months would be so hard. I say you talk with your girlfriend, and explain your concerns. She is probably feeling the same, but you two are holding on to each other out of comfort.

PS- In my past experience, those who I've thought were my dream guys or I've put on this high pedestal have never turned out as good as I thought...

• I don't think long distance relationships work out. That being said, this girl wanted to be with you, and now your ex crush is just finally starting to feel something back for you? I think you should really think it over.

• annnnnnnnnd another reason for why never get involved in long distance relationships

What Guys Said 1

• You can't make love to a woman in another state.

What are you planning on doing. Are you going to move out there to be with her? Uproot your life? If not, be realistic--your relationship with her actually ended.

The best thing to do is probably be direct with her and tell her if you two end up living reasonably close together again, that you'd be happy to try picking things back up with her (IF that's the truth), and that it would probably be healthiest to see other people.

Long-distance relationships are rooted in a scarcity mindset, which neither of you should allow yourselves to fall prey to.