Why does he want to wait?

I'm gonna ask the guy that I like soon about it.

So, we've known each other for awhile, and I feel like I know him so well. He's 18 and I'm 17.
We both like each other. He calls me baby, always texts me good mornings, and etc. It's just cute. :)
I told him how I liked him, and he likes me too. Today I asked him if he wanted to wait until it's serious, and he told me he wanted to wait. I told him it was alright with me since I don't like to rush!

Is it cause we haven't met our parents?
We haven't met in person but we face time a LOT.
We plan on meeting each other soon!

If you were in this situation, why would you want to wait?

What Guys Said 1

• Just forget about the entire situation all together. When you are that young and meeting online, it is dumb and dangerous. You have yet to develop the mental capacity to be able to discern what a persons real intentions are. Meet people in real life.

What Girls Said 1

• Its more meaningful when you wait. The ones who don't wait usually do it because they can't control themselves or they are interested in significance.