I asked the girl I am dating why she likes me...

The girl I'm dating was wondering around the house before we were going on a drive, she was acting a little off and even her mom went "I don't know what the matter is, but some motherly advice, don't try so hard to make her happy." I ask shocked, really. And in the car ride I told her about it and she said "my mom is an idiot, one of the reasons I like you as much as I do, is you make me happy and feel special, if you stopped caring as much I don't think it would work out..." now when she said that, I couldn't help but feel slightly elated and then after I logicized the statement, was hurt honestly. So I asked "well what are the other reasons why you like me?" and she started giggling and said "I don't wanna say" then I said "come on" and she said "I don't know, your personality too I guess" and she just kind of trailed off, so I said "nevermind it's okay if you don't want to tell me" now is it just me or does this raise a red flag? Is this the only reason she likes me? Am I a rebound from her previous relationship? or am I just so used to being crapped on in life I can't even see this great thing in front of me?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• If you know or even have the slightest feeling that you are a bounce back it makes everything even harder. The line of giving her space and pulling her back is even thinner than it is on a normal relationship that I don't know if you would want to be in that situation. If you are crapped on life before, it is because you chose it that way. You pursued people who didn't value you as much as you valued them. And that happens and it is ok. Only that way you learn what to keep and what to let go off. What matters is, you need to keep doing what you feel and think is right. Sometimes just the feelings or logical thinking isn't enough alone. You need to trust both. But one last thing, if you come across that great thing in front of you, your vision will never have been clearer. From what it sounds like this doesn't look as such. Good luck.