I'm 18, she's 21 and I want to ask her out for lunch; I have never done this before?

Hello ladies and gentlemen,
I met this girl on my first day at a community college. We were both late and lost to our first class. We helped each other out and since then we have talked before and after that class. (The class we have together is two days a week for an hour and a half.) I started walking her to her car when after class because she has work afterwards. She says she talks about me with her friends and I said the same because it's true. She giggles/laughs at my jokes even when I say the dumbest stuff lol. We have known each other a month and a half.

I really enjoy talking to her and she seems like she enjoys it too. I'm not the only one talking, you know. The conversations go really smooth and I'm comfortable around her. We exchanged numbers after she asked for mine. She is really pretty and mature (she's 21). I'm 18 so that could be a problem.

My questions are: Should I ask her out to lunch tomorrow? How should I ask her? Should I give this more time before asking her? If she says yes, where should I take her for lunch? If she says no, how should I react?

This would be my first time asking a girl out for lunch. I'm hoping this leads to a relationship but I think lunch will be better first. What do you guys and gals think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely ask her! What do you have to lose? Just say, "Hey I'm wanting to go out for lunch, wanna come with me?" Make it sound like you're including her in a plan you've already come up with. Don't wait, because then you might lose your chance. Take her to a nice sandwich place or a pizza joint. If she says no, just shrug it off and go on with your day. It's not as complicated as it sounds, really. Just make it really casual and fun, and she'll agree especially if she already lets you walk with her. Just don't go talking all relationship-y. This is casual, first... then build it to become more date-y.

• Let me know how it goes:)

• I asked her and she said yes and we agreed to go someplace downtown. She kept saying she was busy and "doctor's appointments" so we kept rescheduling. So it never happened but we still talk in class. I've stopped asking her what day is good for her, though. But I really liked your opinion and I feel it was very descriptive and helpful. :)

What Girls Said 1

• Just act like it's no big deal, & ask her if she'd like to have lunch sometime. Remember, she is only a person, you don't need to be intimidated by her.

• Thank you for your response. You're right, she's only a person, but a very pretty one! :)

What Guys Said 1

• Good job! You're doing great so far. Just say sometime when you two are talking "Hey by the way , do you want to go to lunch sometime?" and see what happens.

Now, keep in mind, you COULD be put in the friend zone. Which means she'll be glad to let you take her out, she'll cry on your shoulder about everything that bothers her, she'll tell you what a nice guy you are, but no relationship will ever come of it.

However! That being said, you're at least at a good start, so go for it.

• Thank you for your quick response! I'm really nervous about asking her this but I guess the only way to learn is to make a mistake haha Thanks again man. :)

• Man I wish there were more guys your age with that attitude. You're absolutely right. The only way to learn is to go for it. If it doesn't work out, try again. So many people today are obsessed with facebook, texting, selfies, instagram and all this other crap they never talk in person. The fact you're hitting up an older chick IN PERSON, and you said you want to ask her out IN PERSON, is instant bonus points. Keep at it!