Is this a bad sign for me?

Guy I have been casually seeing and doing (known him for 9years) tells me one drunken night that he wants me to be his official friend with benefits? I'm out of the dating region with this guy ain't I?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, what do you expect after nine years of "casually seeing and doing him"?

I don't think you're TOTALLY out of dating region, he obviously wants to maintain some sort of relationship with you, even if it is a friends with benefits type of deal. Just tell him that you're hoping for more than that. What's the worst that could happen? He stops talking to you after nine years of friendship?

Go for it, girl!

• Well we have been sleeping together when hanging out (no sex) for about 3 1/2-4 years. But we just started sleeping together occasionally about 5 months ago. I told him that I didn't want to be friends with benefits and he said, "I'll give you a few months to think about it." I know he was joking but part of it makes me wonder.

What Guys Said 3

• He doesn't want a relationship with you. If you want a relationship, you are barking up the wrong tree.

• How long have you two been hooking up? Maybe he was just joking, but, it's hard to say. If you're interested in dating him, let him know (when he's sober).

• Flirting/kissing/sleeping together (no sex, just sleep) for about 3 1/2-4 years. Sleeping together occasionally about 5 months. We have

• Sorry about that... we have slightly touched base about a year ago about me wanting more, and he said only time will tell.

• What does he mean by official? Sounds like he wants you to himself with no obligations? Fuck that...

• Exactly, this goes back to that wretched saying..."why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free." I seriously hate it but I'm starting to think it's true.

• Either be friends with benefits and date who you want, or be in a relationship where you can establish boundaries.

What Girls Said 2

• shouldn't take any thing he says seriously especially if he is drunk. Done!

• Truth comes out when people drink. :)

• But you are right.

• Yes. I think so.