Breaking intimacy issues?

I really want to break this cycle where as soon as a girl starts liking me back I start to freak out but get into a relationship anyway and go from argumentative to straight up emotionally abusive/cheating the works. I am about to start dating a new girl and more than just for her benefit I also want to you know... ENJOY a relationship for once and accept that someone "loves" me a lot and that I don't need to go outside of the relationship for my needs or find things about them like their pasts to persecute and, therefore, create distance between us blah blah.

I don't think it's just a confidence thing because I'm fine when a girl doesn't like me being charming/confident the trouble starts when she actually starts to like me back I want to head for the hills.

Most Helpful Girl

• im kinda like you lol
    except i freak out when they hint they like me lol not just like me back
    and its not that kinda freaking out, its just all the alarms in my head goes off and i immediately dont trust him and my head is like " oh you like me? thats cool please keep lying to me and then hurt me"

i guess the difference is, i know where my issues come from (very brutal past relationship ) and just learned how to deal with them (from this site actually lol)
    so yea instead of dealing with the symptoms find the problem

What Girls Said 2

• Go for it. Just don't cheat. Please. I hate cheaters. Girls hate cheaters.

• You, my friend, have commitment issues.

What Guys Said 1

• You just have commitment issue. Consult your daddy or mammy why this is.