Why would he say something like that?

I've been talking to a guy for about a month and I guess u could say we're dating but we haven't labeled the situation.

The other day we were watching a movie and we were cuddling and he said to me "I feel like the girl" just because I wasn't the one all over him

Then just yesterday he tells me "I'm not worried I know you don't even care" (we were talking about hanging out this week but I said I need to find out my schedule and that I would let him know)

I have never been the type of person that shows a lot of emotions/affection it just feels uncomfortable and ungenuine it's not like I don't care about him or something but I'm not one to pour my heart out to people (I don't even tell my parents I love them) but In my mind he should know that he is kinda important because I obviously make time for him and i talk to him all the time no matter what time it is and I just feel like I shouldn't have to be all mushy (stereotypical love)
Besides don't guys always complain about girls being too emotional and clinging

Most Helpful Girl

• People show love and like to receive love in many different ways. You sound like a 'doer'. You like to show you care with your actions (making time for him, being available to talk, etc.) Since that is how you give love, you are probably most comfortable receiving love this way as well. This is more of a masculine trait than a feminine one. He, on the other hand, sounds as if he prefers to show and receive love through affection. The two of you need to find some sort of middle ground with your give and receive of love and affection. It may not be what you like, but if it's what he needs, you may have to work on showing more affection. If it continues to be an issue that you can't resolve, it will keep you from getting as close as you should be to be a healthy happy successful couple. If that's the case it may be time to search for someone who is more similar to yourself in his style of loving.

What Guys Said 3

• seems like he doesn't understand you yet, he needs to get to know you more and you to him so that you two can have a better understanding of each other. wow I feel like im talking in repeats. hahaa.

• I think he's just a bit of a softy who needs his cuddles and everyone's attention all the time. I'd stay away from that guy if I were you.

• just tell him that he is important and explain why you dont like to be all mushy
    with him talk it out with him
    and thats all i can tell you goodluck

What Girls Said 1

• Your guy friend needs to overcome his insecurities. You are perfectly doing okay considering its just the beginning of the relationship. That is the reason we are generally advised to take it slow in matters of romance and love. People reveal themselves in layers. So, keep an open mind.