Would you go out with an overweight guy who had a ton of confidence?

I have two friends who are both heavy, not obese but definetly overweight. Women literally flock to them and I'm pretty sure it's because they are confident. I need to solve this mystery!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, heck yeah. I wish people realized that some (most) people are not shallow and focus on looks while dating. Do I really want a guy with a six pack with a shitty personality? NO! I'd rather take the guy who was confident in himself and friendly, but just happened to be overweight. Weight is NOT A BIG DEAL, people. Just because someone's overweight does not mean they are unhealthy. Some of them are even healthier than "skinny" people. I know plenty of overweight people who eat so much better and exercise regularly, while I'm 115 lbs and eat pure junk food.

What Girls Said 14

• It would depend on how overweight. 6 pack isn't required, but I'm a bit more visual that some other girls I know. I stay in pretty good shape and am mainly attracted to men in good/average shape.

That being said: Confidence = Huge turn on

• If you have confidence, AND take pride in your health and appearance, then yes :) So long as you shower regularly, wear clothing that suits your body type, and make effort to look your best, then your weight wouldn't matter to me.

• I've dated bigger guys.. the fat muscular type.. the square shaped big guy with no blubber. The guy was hung like a horse to.. damn! Maybe that's why they flock to your two friends? Maybe the rumor is that they are hung like horses hahahaa. ;P

• Umm yeah because i love a person with confidence! i look at looks but they are not everything and u can't have exactly the guy u want. Something has to be a sacrifice, and if thats the looks than so be it!

• Probably, unless they were beyond morbidity obese. (30 stone +)

• They definetly aren't obese but not skinny at all.

• Yeah, that wouldn't bother me. The guy I like would be classified as overweight.

• Like 10-15 pounds overweight yeah I would. I don't mind chubby men as long as they have an attractive face.

• I mean they aren't so fat it affects their face but they do have stomachs.

• How heavy are we talking? My preference for a man is an average of 30 lbs overweight.

• Sure, if I find that I really like them as a person, body doesn't bother me much.

• Totally. If someone carries themselves with confidence, their appearance doesn't even matter that much. The right attitude can make someone more attractive for sure, just like the wrong attitude can make someone hideous.
    I would have no problem dating someone who was overweight if they were confident, funny, and nice. It's not hard to possess those traits.

• How big are we talking here.. can you share a pic of the size? I tend to friendzone guys that are very very heavy, the guy I like is a a bit overweight but you can't tell because he is kinda tall

• If he's just a little overweight, sure. We'd have to get along and find each other attractive.

• I would never date a fat person never ever it's so gross. Just shows they can't take care of them selves and that's the most unattractive thing ever.

• That is what I think, that's what puzzles me.

• No they are very pretty it's crazy

• My mind is blown I don't understand either I'm just as confused as you are.

• No I have standards
    If men can have standards why can't women?

• I agree, but I can't understand how they get so many girls.

• Money and girls with low self esteem will take anything

• Yeah. Probably confidence, charisma, and perhaps a sense of humor..

Personality always wins

• I wish I could develop that

What Guys Said 1

• Like oh my god? Fat guys are SOOOO gross! It freaks me like sooo much out you know? I'd NEVER hit that. One of my ABSOLUTELY favourite sex positions is when I like stand behind him? And take him from behind and wank his dick off at like the same time? If he is fat there's NO WAY I would be able to reach! Like ooooh myyy goood!

Also like I mean for real there's SOOO much work getting like the penis inside? I mean all the excess fat? That's sooo nasty. I don't have like a 12 inch to pierce through ALL that fat? Like eww, that's impossible! EWW I'd never even go there. YUCK!