How to ask out a girl who's dad is the headmaster of a small Catholic high school that we both attend?

There is this girl that I like and I'm not quite sure how to go about asking her out. We're friends but we don't do that much together. We have been partnered for a science olympiad event later in the year. The other thing is her dad is the headmaster of our school and one of my teachers and I don't want to make things awkward in his class.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mother is a teacher, and some people say one of the strictest. I've noticed that my friends/boyfriends are actually a lot more comfortable with my mother than I am with my friends parents, at home because she was their teacher at school. And more often than not, teachers are different at home than they are with kids at school. My mother is a lot more friendly towards my friends/boyfriends at home than at school. So you might be surprised if you knew him on that level.

I don't know if you are Christian or Catholic or whatever, but her family might be and it's important that you respect her family's/her beliefs if so. So ask her like you would any other girl (respectful and polite) and if you have to pick her up and have the awkward parent-meeting-thing, just be respectful and polite and you should be fine.

I really hope you are a good student all round, especially in his class, other wise you might never get approval from her dad. So if you aren't maybe just be start to be a better student and then ask her out. Try to hang out just as friends first, just so you get to know her better and then if you go to her house or whatever, her dad might not seem so scary, if you decide to ask her on a date.

I know this from experience being on the other side of this situation, having my mother teach at my school for the past 3 years...

What Girls Said 3

• I'd find out first if she actually likes you, then I'd ask her dad's permission to date her. Go with the old fashioned approach.

• Talk to the dad first, I mean you're not marrying her. See what he thinks?

• "Catholic highschool "

Proceed with caution.

What Guys Said 3

• yeah I have no experience with this, sorry buddy lol. maybe this will help, value what he values and express those values unto his daughter.

• Be respectful to him him if he sees you actually doing the work and good grades he won't be so harsh. That's what i think i've not been through that situation

• kidnap her, let her develop the stockholm syndrome and she is yours...